Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same EDD (Dec 9-29).

I was at our SC a couple weeks ago (Portland) and could have gotten a white/cream MSLR on 21s, but I'm still holding out for the gray on 19s. My SA said the owner backed out from the purchase. Got to sit in it and have the SA take us on a ride as well. What a difference between my M3 dual motor and that beast!
I'm wondering what the reasons are for backing out on these cars. Is there a collection of reasons somewhere? Just feels strange to just have a change of heart after waiting so long for a $100K car.

Reactions: jebinc
I'm wondering what the reasons are for backing out on these cars. Is there a collection of reasons somewhere? Just feels strange to just have a change of heart after waiting so long for a $100K car.
Well, part of the reason (as evidenced by posts on TMC) is many are ordering multiple configurations hoping to hit the lottery and get an earlier delivery. When they do, they cancel the other orders. $100 options are cheap options for some. @MarcG

Tesla is having a two day “opening” for the new sales and service center in Sodo (2200 6th Ave South) I went there today and they have a Model S LR with 21” wheels on the showroom floor. It’s black on black. They were surprised to have it and are pretty sure it will be moved once their weekend celebration is done.

if you’re like me and have one on order, this is a chance to sit it’s in and check the finished product out.

Pretty sweet!

Throwing down $100 for a deposit is easy. Getting a car loan and seeing your monthly payment may be hard to stomach. Better to back out before getting in too deep.
I guess I thought it was interesting because I would do those types of calculations in advance or during the 6 month wait on the car. Feels strange for someone to back out at the time of delivery for a big purchase like this unless there was some serious unforeseen circumstance (perhaps there was).

I still do wonder how often people refuse delivery at the day of pickup and for what reasons. Cancelling an order prior to the delivery date is one thing, and I would assume Tesla reassigns that vehicle to those next in line (maybe not…..). Refusing it on day of delivery sounds like there was something they didn’t like about the car. If so, I’d love to know what those things are before it’s assigned to someone else.

Some updated photos of the 19s ceramic coated, and with Tesla center cap and lug nut cover kit installed.

F6A25823-1381-4D86-B79C-CDD6EF369727.jpeg

Attachments

• 7011FF89-2873-430C-BDB5-8EF92A176471.jpeg
    7011FF89-2873-430C-BDB5-8EF92A176471.jpeg
    669.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 0205C116-BFB9-4588-AFB7-250A78B8895E.jpeg
    0205C116-BFB9-4588-AFB7-250A78B8895E.jpeg
    837.4 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Spiegels
Hi,

I made my Model S order January 1, 2021. I confirmed i wanted the updated S shortly after the announce. Originally I was in the 'Feb 21' delivery club with my white exterior / black interior / 19" wheel LR order. But now I seem to be in the December 21 club as that's the newest guess from the estimated date in my account! I wonder if it will be a year late?

Glad some people are getting theirs!

It sure seems like they've targeted my low margin option for opportunistic delivery when they have extra capacity. Not exactly the 'priority delivery' they suggested when the old 's' changed to the new 's'.

George

Hi,

I made my Model S order January 1, 2021. I confirmed i wanted the updated S shortly after the announce. Originally I was in the 'Feb 21' delivery club with my white exterior / black interior / 19" wheel LR order. But now I seem to be in the December 21 club as that's the newest guess from the estimated date in my account! I wonder if it will be a year late?

Glad some people are getting theirs!

It sure seems like they've targeted my low margin option for opportunistic delivery when they have extra capacity. Not exactly the 'priority delivery' they suggested when the old 's' changed to the new 's'.

George
Sure feels that way. I bet a switch to the 21” rims jumps you in line.

Crazy that my May order has the same delivery month as your January. That’s just messed up!