Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Bigs_alseT Check the registration on one of your other cars to see if you are in a RTA zone (your specific address). If you don't have an RTA charge on your current car's registration, ask your Tesla SA to open a ticket to have it removed, prior to delivery. It's a big number!
I just bought a Subaru outback in Marysville last June and no RTA tax. That’s why I’m wondering why there‘s $583 RTA county fee on top of the registration fee. I asked my SA about this but no response from him. I wonder if you can ask another SA and hopefully someone here can advise on how to do that.

I just bought a Subaru outback in Marysville last June and no RTA tax. That’s why I’m wondering why there‘s $583 RTA county fee on top of the registration fee. I asked my SA about this but no response from him. I wonder if you can ask another SA and hopefully someone here can advise on how to do that.
I emailed the Lynnwood WA service center and someone called me within 30 min and was able to address my questions. Amazing help from those guys.

Reactions: GroovaEV
As mentioned somewhere earlier, I just had my “assigned at order time” virtual SA open a ticket against the order to remove it. Did this on three Tesla’s now.

Dreaming Elon would give us these bad timing buyers FSD for free

Really doubt thats going to happen. Tesla tried that discounting FSD (not even free!) in 2019 during the AP/FSD shuffle. FSD buyers lost their minds, and Tesla stopped the sale after about a week.

Potential tax bill has me anxious too. Considered delaying Asked my wife (who is pretty over my child-like enthusiasm) said, “just get your car.”

I suspect if the tax credit passes, Tesla will start including FSD (raising the price) on all cars so they can get as much of the credit as possible. Look at the price drops that happened when the previous credits expired.

Sharing... I finally was assigned a decent SA and wanted to share some back and forth with you. Responses to #4 and #5 are interesting...

"I hope your leave was for recreation and not something more serious… Thanks for reaching out. I do have a couple of questions and requests;
  1. Are you located at my Renton DC, or some central location?
I am actually located in Bend, OR. I am part of the Virtual Team for this region.
  1. My EDD range (RN11558xxxx) has remained the same since ordering (unlike my Plaid order that delivered on 8/13); I was hoping you could tell me if I’ve been matched to any car yet (hard or soft matched). My concern is my trade in expires on 9/28. With the Plaid order, my Model 3 trade dropped over $7000 in two weeks, even though the mileage didn’t change. Thankfully, the Plaid delivered in the 30 day trade window.
I don’t see that you’ve been matched to a vehicle yet but everything else is as it should be, so I’ll keep an eye on your account this week to see if there’s any change and let you know.
  1. Related to #2, my Plaid SA (Nick F.) was going to add a note to the order indicating I am open to two other color combinations for my MYP order, w/Tow – 1) White and Black interior and Blue and White interior. Can you confirm that note was added.
Yes that note was added.
  1. Also, can you confirm that the Renton, WA SC added a note to my account/order to install the front Flaps and rear door PPF? There was confusion at that SC if the flaps and PPF were included. Bellevue, WA and Seattle DC/SCs confirmed this is the case for this region and was going to inform the Renton, WA SC management team.
I went ahead and created a new case regarding this so I could track it myself. I’ll notify you if/when I receive any updates regarding this.
  1. If my MYP is delayed to October or November production, will it be VIN coded as a 2022, as has been the case in year’s past?
I believe that would be the case but we’d have to get closer to that time window to be sure.

Thanks again for your assistance on the above."
@WilliamG
Great information. Thanks for that.

We were assigned a VIN a few days ago, and shortly after were told that we needed to schedule delivery. Originally had thoughts to push our order for a new quarter build, but hit the 'ready to take delivery' button a bit too soon. Interesting point on the Oct+ builds being considered 2022 builds. May need to push out again. In the past, have there been considerable resale differences between late model year builds vs early model year builds in the subsequent year?

Reactions: jebinc
Great information. Thanks for that.

We were assigned a VIN a few days ago, and shortly after were told that we needed to schedule delivery. Originally had thoughts to push our order for a new quarter build, but hit the 'ready to take delivery' button a bit too soon. Interesting point on the Oct+ builds being considered 2022 builds. May need to push out again. In the past, have there been considerable resale differences between late model year builds vs early model year builds in the subsequent year?
People have different opinions on that. Personally, if the year were 2023 and you were looking for a used car, don’t you think a 2022 would sell for more than a 2021? I know Tesla would definitely give you less on a trade. So, I prefer a 2022 in October to a 2021 on 9/30 EOQ push!

Reactions: GroovaEV