Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sharing... I finally was assigned a decent SA and wanted to share some back and forth with you. Responses to #4 and #5 are interesting...

"I hope your leave was for recreation and not something more serious… Thanks for reaching out. I do have a couple of questions and requests;
  1. Are you located at my Renton DC, or some central location?
I am actually located in Bend, OR. I am part of the Virtual Team for this region.
  1. My EDD range (RN11558xxxx) has remained the same since ordering (unlike my Plaid order that delivered on 8/13); I was hoping you could tell me if I’ve been matched to any car yet (hard or soft matched). My concern is my trade in expires on 9/28. With the Plaid order, my Model 3 trade dropped over $7000 in two weeks, even though the mileage didn’t change. Thankfully, the Plaid delivered in the 30 day trade window.
I don’t see that you’ve been matched to a vehicle yet but everything else is as it should be, so I’ll keep an eye on your account this week to see if there’s any change and let you know.
  1. Related to #2, my Plaid SA (Nick F.) was going to add a note to the order indicating I am open to two other color combinations for my MYP order, w/Tow – 1) White and Black interior and Blue and White interior. Can you confirm that note was added.
Yes that note was added.
  1. Also, can you confirm that the Renton, WA SC added a note to my account/order to install the front Flaps and rear door PPF? There was confusion at that SC if the flaps and PPF were included. Bellevue, WA and Seattle DC/SCs confirmed this is the case for this region and was going to inform the Renton, WA SC management team.
I went ahead and created a new case regarding this so I could track it myself. I’ll notify you if/when I receive any updates regarding this.
  1. If my MYP is delayed to October or November production, will it be VIN coded as a 2022, as has been the case in year’s past?
I believe that would be the case but we’d have to get closer to that time window to be sure.

Thanks again for your assistance on the above."
@WilliamG
Thanks for sharing!

@atr0phied Borh LR AND Performance models?
@jebinc Sorry for the delay! Yes, for both LR and Performance models. I talked to another SA today at Bellevue Square to double confirm, and he also confirmed that this "northwest package" (or something like that -- forget the exact naming) which includes mud flaps and PPF goes on both the LR and Performance models. He mentioned this is a new package that was recently added within the last month, so it is relatively new.

Was looking for a way to edit my previous post, but I can't find it... I'm slow.

I wanted to add that the EDD changed from 9/10 - 9/30 to 9/14 - 930. I have a white MYP, ordered 8/29. My advisor informed me that the date is looking around 9/21 - 9/23 on his end, but it could change.

Reactions: jebinc
Was looking for a way to edit my previous post, but I can't find it... I'm slow.

I wanted to add that the EDD changed from 9/10 - 9/30 to 9/14 - 930. I have a white MYP, ordered 8/29. My advisor informed me that the date is looking around 9/21 - 9/23 on his end, but it could change.
@atr0phied White on white, or white on black? Which SC are you taking delivery from again?

@jebinc Sorry for the delay! Yes, for both LR and Performance models. I talked to another SA today at Bellevue Square to double confirm, and he also confirmed that this "northwest package" (or something like that -- forget the exact naming) which includes mud flaps and PPF goes on both the LR and Performance models. He mentioned this is a new package that was recently added within the last month, so it is relatively new.
This is my understanding as well. I was told by the folks at Tesla Bellevue. I don’t have a VIN yet but I suspect it will be soon. The question will be is this installed at the factory or the Renton SC.

This is my understanding as well. I was told by the folks at Tesla Bellevue. I don’t have a VIN yet but I suspect it will be soon. The question will be is this installed at the factory or the Renton SC.
@JohnCostanzo See earlier posts in the day and yesterday. I confirmed flaps and PPF should be installed at SC. Renton was clueless, so i had Bellevue SC manager clue in their counterpart at Renton. Also had my SA add a ticket to my order to ensure Renton does it prior to delivery. These items are not installed by the factory 🏭.

@jebinc I built white on black MYP, no toe hitch, no fsd. I'll take delivery in Renton.
I ordered the same config as you and have delivery estimate for Renton. I suspect if we don’t get a VIN on Sunday, the whole 14th day will come and go. I live in Covington and wonder if the expectation is for us to take delivery in Renton or will they deliver it to our home.

@JohnCostanzo See earlier posts in the day and yesterday. I confirmed flaps and PPF should be installed at SC. Renton was clueless, so i had Bellevue SC manager clue in their counterpart at Renton. Also had my SA add a ticket to my order to ensure Renton does it prior to delivery. These items are not installed by the factory 🏭.
Good to know. I guess I will see if it will be omitted by the Renton SC or will they need to be reminded :).

I ordered the same config as you and have delivery estimate for Renton. I suspect if we don’t get a VIN on Sunday, the whole 14th day will come and go. I live in Covington and wonder if the expectation is for us to take delivery in Renton or will they deliver it to our home.

@JohnCostanzo So, you have a white on white, tow, no FSF order as well? And same EDD range? For me, my address is in unincorporated King County. No RTA and sale tax rate of 8.6%. I’m hoping for home delivery so I can save money on the lower sale tax rate! Looking forward to hearing a lot of vins tomorrow or Monday morning!

Hopefully we all get some good news within the next couple days or next week! I ended up already selling my X3 M40i last week. Got quite a bit more vs. trading in with tax incentive. Just patiently playing the waiting game at this point. I have an electrician scheduled to come out to install the wall charger.

I live out in North Bend, so I've ordered a set of 19 inch winter tires. Weather mats ordered too.. a lot to wait for!

Good to know about the Renton SC since I assumed all NW Model Ys got the flaps/PPF. I'll ask my SA to double check that the PPF/Mudflaps are installed prior to delivery.

Side note, this is the 2nd Tesla I've purchased, and both times, my assigned SA goes on vacation when I get a VIN and am preparing for delivery.

I was told if you're within a ~30m drive of the delivery center, they want to do a home delivery. I'm going to push for pickup at Renton SC tho, I figure it will be easier to reject the car if there's any defects.

Good to know about the Renton SC since I assumed all NW Model Ys got the flaps/PPF. I'll ask my SA to double check that the PPF/Mudflaps are installed prior to delivery.

Side note, this is the 2nd Tesla I've purchased, and both times, my assigned SA goes on vacation when I get a VIN and am preparing for delivery.
@shadow21 Must be a common practice. I was assigned a SA two weeks ago, one that just learned was on a leave of absence! After pushing for a new one, I heard from this SA, as they had just returned from the long leave. Amazing.

@JohnCostanzo So, you have a white on white, tow, no FSF order as well? And same EDD range? For me, my address is in unincorporated King County. No RTA and sale tax rate of 8.6%. I’m hoping for home delivery so I can save money on the lower sale tax rate! Looking forward to hearing a lot of vins tomorrow or Monday morning!
I live in Snohomish county but still got charged RTA tax. Is it possible that since I did my test drive at the Bellevue square location? Also they did not give me the option to pick up at Lynnwood which is closer to where I live in Mill Creek. I tried to contact my SA but he would not respond.

I live in Snohomish county but still got charged RTA tax. Is it possible that since I did my test drive at the Bellevue square location? Also they did not give me the option to pick up at Lynnwood which is closer to where I live in Mill Creek. I tried to contact my SA but he would not respond.
@Bigs_alseT Check the registration on one of your other cars to see if you are in a RTA zone (your specific address). If you don't have an RTA charge on your current car's registration, ask your Tesla SA to open a ticket to have it removed, prior to delivery. It's a big number!

@Bigs_alseT Check the registration on one of your other cars to see if you are in a RTA zone (your specific address). If you don't have an RTA charge on your current car's registration, ask your Tesla SA to open a ticket to have it removed, prior to delivery. It's a big number!
I just bought a Subaru Outback last June from Marysville and I did not get charged with RTA county fee of $584 which on my MY ordering got charged. I’m hoping someone here can advise on how I can clarify that as my SA from Bellevue square is not responding at all on my email. Thanks