Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s not a rumor, it’s a reality, see the difference of the deliver timeline
The reality is that MYPs do get delivered much more quickly than LRs. The rumor - and I've seen different answers from different SAs on is this question- is whether or not MYP orders cannibalize pre-existing LR orders, or if the shorter delivery time is just a matter of the size of the relative order volume and backlog. It is obvious that the P:LR manufacturing ratio is higher than the order ratio, otherwise both would have similar delivery estimates.

It seems that this is not unique to the MY; M3LR and M3Ps have a similar difference in delivery estimates.

Reactions: paramer
The reality is that MYPs do get delivered much more quickly than LRs. The rumor - and I've seen different answers from different SAs on is this question- is whether or not MYP orders cannibalize pre-existing LR orders, or if the shorter delivery time is just a matter of the size of the relative order volume and backlog. It is obvious that the P:LR manufacturing ratio is higher than the order ratio, otherwise both would have similar delivery estimates.

It seems that this is not unique to the MY; M3LR and M3Ps have a similar difference in delivery estimates.
think about these
1. What are the most different between LR and P, except the tires, breakers and suspension, its software -- mostly a low cost for tesla since software replicate self easier than manufacture a hardware
2. Every dealer outside is doing a bid/markup/market adjust, but due to tesla's sales model, most likely they won't do this for the reputation, then, how can they make more money during this period -- Yes, performance! maybe add 2k on the cost, but sales 6k more to you, lol

think about these
1. What are the most different between LR and P, except the tires, breakers and suspension, its software -- mostly a low cost for tesla since software replicate self easier than manufacture a hardware
2. Every dealer outside is doing a bid/markup/market adjust, but due to tesla's sales model, most likely they won't do this for the reputation, then, how can they make more money during this period -- Yes, performance! maybe add 2k on the cost, but sales 6k more to you, lol
I believe the rear motor is different in the MYP as well.

@JohnCostanzo Yep. all of my documents are available via the "view" hyperlinks next to their name in the Documents section of my account page.
I got a text that the docs were ready. I was able to make the final payment too. Interesting is that Fidelity Investments accounts don’t work with their plaid account linking tool. Had to manually add my routing and account info.

I am all good to go. Just sit back and watch out the window 100 times on delivery day :)

Reactions: paramer and GoRun26
lol, that probably means even we drive myp as gentle as we can, we cannot exceed 303mi range as the hardware limit
I threw 19" Geminis on last night (sans aero covers) and am running 277 wh/mi. Was well over 300 wh/mi with the 21" Ubers.... Just sayin'...

Geminis.jpg

Ordered 6/27
MY White/White interior/TOW/No FSD

When I ordered, it said August delivery, but has been fluctuating every week until couple of weeks back. Now it says Sep 21-30, but still no VIN. Also got the text regarding taking delivery in September and asking me to confirm.

Interesting note, my neighbor ordered a similar MY Black/Black interior/20/TOW/FSD a day before me and he took delivery on Aug 11th. Weird to see such varying production times for practically the same vehicle.

Ordered 6/27

When I ordered, it said August delivery, but has been fluctuating every week until couple of weeks back. Now it says Sep 21-30, but still no VIN. Also got the text regarding taking delivery in September and asking me to confirm.

Interesting note, my neighbor ordered a similar MY Black/Black interior/20/TOW/FSD a day before me and he took delivery on Aug 11th. Weird to see such varying production times for practically the same vehicle.
@Thadar Thats my car, but P. Ordered 8/28 and delivered 9/18.

Ordered 6/27

When I put my deposit down in May, the SA in Seattle told me I would likely take delivery in September. I think my first EDDs were the end of July, then Various ranges in August. Glad I never believed in the EDD range, but now that I want to believe my dates (9/20 - 9/30), I’m still very skeptical. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, narrower dates in September, or push out to October?
Day 105 since I completed my profile, and I’ve seen lots of people get VINs with my specs and later order dates in the Midwest and East Coast.

Ordered 6/27

I’m wondering about it also. I ordered 6/17 but still no VIN MYLR gray with no tow and no FSD with black interior. I initially thought Tesla will take order as they come and start building your car kind of like first come first served but seems to be not the case. Oh well all we can do is wait. I’m sure one day it will come. Hopefully soon

Reactions: Y-canor
I’m wondering about it also. I ordered 6/17 but still no VIN MYLR gray with no tow and no FSD with black interior. I initially thought Tesla will take order as they come and start building your car kind of like first come first served but seems to be not the case. Oh well all we can do is wait. I’m sure one day it will come. Hopefully soon
I ordered 6/18 and also went for MYLR in MSM, black interior and no FSD. I had to give the VIN up since I won’t be able to take delivery. I hope they reassign it to you or someone else in Seattle!

I ordered 6/18 and also went for MYLR in MSM, black interior and no FSD. I had to give the VIN up since I won’t be able to take delivery. I hope they reassign it to you or someone else in Seattle!
I asked the Lynnwood center if there’s any update on my order. I got everything sorted out from my end. I just need the vin so I can add it to my insurance. I wish I could just give your vin to them and ask them if they can just reassign it to me :). Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: jebinc
Ordered 6/27

Ordered 6/10, MSM, BLK interior, 20” wheels. Received the same text in confirming for a delivery in September but still no VIN. Last message I received from my SA was saying on or about Sep 19 when I get VIN but nothing. Will send her another inquiry about it later today. Hoping for the best. Good luck.

Reactions: jebinc
I reach out to the Lynnwood SC and they told me that I was marked for Sep delivery but not guaranteed. Tomorrow is the start date again of my EDD so I’ll just have to wait and see.

To make it fun while waiting the entire family has put a bet on when we will get the car :)

I reach out to the Lynnwood SC and they told me that I was marked for Sep delivery but not guaranteed. Tomorrow is the start date again of my EDD so I’ll just have to wait and see.

To make it fun while waiting the entire family has put a bet on when we will get the car :)
I love that! My friends ask me if I have my car yet , then when I start down the road of detail of the ever shifting EDD they start humming Xmas tunes. I really hope they aren't right.

Reactions: TSTSTS