Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do EDD update only overnight? I have only ever noticed changes when I check first thing in the morning. It would save me the compulsion of checking throughout the day if I know it won’t change during the day.
I’ve had 4 all over night. From looking at other posts around here I’ve only seen people get it over night.

It doesn’t mean they happen overnight only but I haven’t seen anything else either.

I was told by a Tesla Rep on the phone (a call back from Tesla directly) that I would get the car by the end of this year… and she even gave me a specific date of when I would get my VIN… on 12/17, which is this Friday… we will see if she’s right even though my EDD says In January… I asked how she knew this and all she could tell me was they have more info on the back end that we are not able to see in our accounts..

Reactions: Obiwanjr
I was told by a Tesla Rep on the phone (a call back from Tesla directly) that I would get the car by the end of this year… and she even gave me a specific date of when I would get my VIN… on 12/17, which is this Friday… we will see if she’s right even though my EDD says In January… I asked how she knew this and all she could tell me was they have more info on the back end that we are not able to see in our accounts..
I received similar info. When I called to inquire also I was told my EDD was still Jan-Feb but they said on their backend it showed I may still get it before end of Dec. unfortunately I needed to take delivery by this Friday bc of holiday/work plans won’t allow me to pickup the last couple weeks of December.

Reactions: Here4Comments
I received similar info. When I called to inquire also I was told my EDD was still Jan-Feb but they said on their backend it showed I may still get it before end of Dec. unfortunately I needed to take delivery by this Friday bc of holiday/work plans won’t allow me to pickup the last couple weeks of December.
Interesting… I’ll make sure to report back by this weekend to see if this is really the case. For what it’s worth… I had a family members order a model 3, ask the same thing and they didn’t tell him when he would get a VIN. He got one about a week later but suprised they didnt/couldn’t give him a more precise date like I got. His EDD however was a lot closer than mine was at the time.

Reactions: JayhawkCRNA
What these SAs know baffles me. I can't figure it out for the life of me.

I talked to them today and was told in terms of delivery they can't tell me anything until I get the VIN. My EDD is Dec 17-31 yet they know nothing.

It isn't unique either. You see all the time people get told by SAs that they don't see much and they can't give them any info until a VIN is assigned. Yet you also get cases like this (albeit more rarely) where the SA seems to know so much more.

What these SAs know baffles me. I can't figure it out for the life of me.

I talked to them today and was told in terms of delivery they can't tell me anything until I get the VIN. My EDD is Dec 17-31 yet they know nothing.

It isn't unique either. You see all the time people get told by SAs that they don't see much and they can't give them any info until a VIN is assigned. Yet you also get cases like this (albeit more rarely) where the SA seems to know so much more.
I really feel the SA in the stores vs the SA near Tesla HQ have different privileges. I say this because when they call me back the phone number is coming from Oakland and Bay areas, so I know it’s not directly back from a store locally.

I really feel the SA in the stores vs the SA near Tesla HQ have different privileges. I say this because when they call me back the phone number is coming from Oakland and Bay areas, so I know it’s not directly back from a store locally.
In all seriousness, I'm impressed you got this specific information from the Tesla Reps.

I tried calling twice back in November and they were not helpful. Both times the rep gave no clarity to my situation, offered to call me back, and never called back.

In all seriousness, I'm impressed you got this specific information from the Tesla Reps.

I tried calling twice back in November and they were not helpful. Both times the rep gave no clarity to my situation, offered to call me back, and never called back.
Yes I was kinda shocked too when she gave me a specific date since I have not seen people post similar info. My call back was also the one where you leave your phone number and then they give you an automated estimated call back time, never spoke to a rep until they called me.

Only thing I can conclude was that I told her I ordered back on July 1st, and I’ve been waiting a long time with no communication from Tesla, and that she also confirmed my build with me (MY LR 5 seat white/white 20’).

I’m guessing MAYBE she has some sort of schedule where these “specific builds” are being made and just line them up. She did mention they were trying to take care of old orders first, but I think that’s kinda obvious. We will see.

Reactions: mdchen3
Makes me think back to my German car days... whether you were ordering for local delivery, or European Delivery, you always had info on when your specific car was being produced, where it was traveling, a real-time-ish location, etc. Even 15 years ago.

Tesla's approach of just randomly sending groups of cars to regions is so different, it boggles the mind.

Reactions: nguyem86
Makes me think back to my German car days... whether you were ordering for local delivery, or European Delivery, you always had info on when your specific car was being produced, where it was traveling, a real-time-ish location, etc. Even 15 years ago.

Tesla's approach of just randomly sending groups of cars to regions is so different, it boggles the mind.
Thing about Tesla is they produce such an absurd number of cars and all the cars are extremely similar. There’s like 5 color choices and that’s it, 2 interior choices, and maybe a couple other small things.

So it’s harder to predict because your car is just going to be one out of thousands and thousands

Thing about Tesla is they produce such an absurd number of cars and all the cars are extremely similar. There’s like 5 color choices and that’s it, 2 interior choices, and maybe a couple other small things.

So it’s harder to predict because your car is just going to be one out of thousands and thousands
I respectfully disagree. It should be easier to predict since you're solving for less trims/variables. If you're going off based on a queue system, you have less trims and options to solve for, thus you should be able to provide a better indicator on when your car will be built and delivered. It's honestly baffling how bad their EDD system is, I've had more EDD dates provided than weeks since I've ordered.

@Here4Comments what is the phone number you called, I'm going to give it a shot and see if they can give me a specific date
I called the Bellevue location (not Bellevue square store). After no one picked up it prompted me with the auto call back service thing to type in my phone number, and somone called me back about 15-20 mins later. Like I said before , had a family member call right after I did and they didn’t get the same result, could just be who you get on the other line. Good luck!

Reactions: mdchen3