Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cross-posting from September thread for WA state folks ...

Final update from me, as my car was delivered to my house earlier today. Hope my timeline and experience provides useful data points for those waiting!

MYLR - MSM | Black | 7 seat | 19" Gemini wheels | Tow | No FSD
Seattle area | Ordered 9/5 | No finance | No trade

Recent history:
  • Fri 2/18: EDD changed from 2/17 to 3/3 -> 5/14 to 6/11 (~3 month change)
  • Mon 2/21 AM: EDD changed from 5/14 to 6/11 -> 2/24 to 3/8 (~3 month change back!!!)
  • Mon 2/21 PM: EDD changed from 2/24 to 3/8 -> 2/22 to 2/26 and VIN assigned (F382xxx)
  • Sat 2/26: Delivered to my home from Bellevue SC.
Notes from the delivery:
  • Really nice and helpful guy from Bellevue delivered and humored me with my fairly lengthy inspection.
  • Car was in great shape overall. Only the passenger side trunk is out of alignment at lights; not too bad, but will probably submit a service request to get adjusted. Hood and door alignment good. Couldn't find anything wrong with interior.
  • Has AMD.
  • Has PPF in front of rear wheels and has front mud flaps.
  • No missing wireless charging or front USB due to parts shortage - everything there.
  • Dual pane front windows; single pane rear windows (delivery guy stated he hadn't seen dual pane rear windows yet).
Ash.jpg

Cross-posting from September thread for WA state folks ...

Final update from me, as my car was delivered to my house earlier today. Hope my timeline and experience provides useful data points for those waiting!

MYLR - MSM | Black | 7 seat | 19" Gemini wheels | Tow | No FSD
Seattle area | Ordered 9/5 | No finance | No trade

Recent history:
  • Fri 2/18: EDD changed from 2/17 to 3/3 -> 5/14 to 6/11 (~3 month change)
  • Mon 2/21 AM: EDD changed from 5/14 to 6/11 -> 2/24 to 3/8 (~3 month change back!!!)
  • Mon 2/21 PM: EDD changed from 2/24 to 3/8 -> 2/22 to 2/26 and VIN assigned (F382xxx)
  • Sat 2/26: Delivered to my home from Bellevue SC.
Notes from the delivery:
  • Really nice and helpful guy from Bellevue delivered and humored me with my fairly lengthy inspection.
  • Car was in great shape overall. Only the passenger side trunk is out of alignment at lights; not too bad, but will probably submit a service request to get adjusted. Hood and door alignment good. Couldn't find anything wrong with interior.
  • Has AMD.
  • Has PPF in front of rear wheels and has front mud flaps.
  • No missing wireless charging or front USB due to parts shortage - everything there.
  • Dual pane front windows; single pane rear windows (delivery guy stated he hadn't seen dual pane rear windows yet).
View attachment 774177
Congrats bro! You will love it

EDD changed to 03/02/2022-03/12/2022 this morning. It was 02/26/2022-03/12/2022. Still hoping it pushes out further. I reenter my trade in mileage and haven't accepted in hopes that it will get my EDD pushed back. Worth a shot since I am unable to place on hold anymore.

Ok guys, I am going to share this here in the hopes that people won't abuse it but that it will educate a bit and when there are real problems that need escalating that people have a channel to go through. So far this is the only thing that I have found that worked to get a response.

So on Friday I reached out to Tesla again (locally) and got blown off again so I decided to try something new. I reached out to Tesla through the chat feature on the website and I asked about the status of my order, let them go through their whole spiel (delivery info will be updated based upon configuration availability, blah blah blah). Then I hit them with the receipts, showed them the history of my estimates and backed them into a corner where they always say that my configuration wasn't available and that is why I was getting delayed. Knowing this was going to happen I hit them with links to this forum and other sites of people all across the country who were getting the same configuration as mine that ordered in January and February who were already getting cars and VINs. I asked them to explain how, when there is only one factory producing these cars for the whole country that that configuration was available in Idaho, Alaska, California, North Carolina, Texas, Florida, (etc. etc. etc. I named out like 20 states that affiliated with the links I had sent and I sent a LOT of them) but not available to me.

The person was polite but obviously flustered and referred me back to my SA. I let them know that I had gone through my sales advisor and that he was great (not true but my issues with him are due to the system, not him so I am not going to knock him without the context) but that he was clear that he did not have any more insight or control over the assignment of vehicles than anyone else at Tesla and I specifically requested that they escalate this to someone above the local location that could actually look into this and find out what was happening and be in a position to fix it. I dropped in there a couple of times "a company as great as Tesla has to have a channel for fixing issues that are outside of the control of the sales advisors". The guy asks me to hold on for a minute and then comes back and tells me he is going to E-mail the person who oversees that location and their boss to ask that they look into it for me. I ask for him to provide their contact info so I can reach out directly and he says he can't do that but that if I don't hear back to contact the chat again. I was fully under the impression that this wasn't going to go anywhere.

Saturday, less than 24 hours later, I get a text message saying my VIN has been assigned and at the exact same time I get a call from the Renton Tesla location. The Manager of the location (can't remember what he said his name was) is on the line and tells me he was contacted by the chat representative and they actually sent him the whole chat log, including all the links I sent him. Then he says that he was happy to report that my wait was over. He says he just assigned me a VIN for a vehicle that has already been built and that I would be getting text confirmation of that shortly. He also asked that I schedule a delivery appointment with him on the call. We went over the times available and I picked one. He then tells me that the vehicle is already assembled and is probably loaded on the truck or being loaded now.

I wasn't quite ready to just let it go though so I let him know I was thankful but was wondering if he specifically assigned a vehicle to me or if it was just my time. He said that he specifically assigned the vehicle to me because of the information I had sent over and that based upon the info that was in there previously I would have been assigned in about 2 weeks if the system was left to do its thing (which was again another delay over the previous 4 or 5 soft matches). I let him know that the process as a whole was really shitty and that they needed to do something to fix these issues for their customers who love Tesla but want to be treated with some respect to their time and delaying customer orders by months based upon geography was a bullshit practice that they needed to end. He essentially said that it was an "imperfect system" and they were always looking to make improvements blah, blah, blah but didn't seem like it was actually an issue.

So, long story short, if you are having an issue with Tesla where something is completely off the rails and you've exhausted other channels this might be something to try. As always YMMV (or range in this case, probably don't use mileage in a Tesla forum) but this worked for me in this case and especially when it comes to vehicle assignment this confirms that the local managers do have some sort of override ability for vehicle assignments, as much as they want to tell you that they have no control over it when push comes to shove they have more power than they like to admit.

Hey everyone, first post here.

I ordered a MYLR white, black int, 5 seater with gemini wheels on 9/10 at Tesla Lynnwood. Original date was supposed to be in February but its moved around a lot, at one point in december or january I think it was as far out as September and then it moved to march-april but now it's been holding steady for May-June.

Reactions: swiftd03
Hey everyone, first post here.

I ordered a MYLR white, black int, 5 seater with gemini wheels on 9/10 at Tesla Lynnwood. Original date was supposed to be in February but its moved around a lot, at one point in december or january I think it was as far out as September and then it moved to march-april but now it's been holding steady for May-June.
Welcome to the party, glad to have you.

Reactions: Blubrown21
I've noticed that all of us who live in WA are getting VIN NF389XXX. For anyone with the VIN NF389, did you recieve AMD chip?
I am still waiting for confirmation here, all they responded back to me was that I got all the upgrades from this year. I asked them specifically regarding all season tires and the AMD processor late on Saturday and have not heard back as of yet.

Reactions: Blubrown21
I am still waiting for confirmation here, all they responded back to me was that I got all the upgrades from this year. I asked them specifically regarding all season tires and the AMD processor late on Saturday and have not heard back as of yet.
I read one guy was told he was getting AMD. When he picked it up he checked and it was still Intel. Smh I can't remember what state this was in but that will be the first thing I check lol. The app still hasn't let me pick a delivery date tho so I may call Renton later to see when they available for me to come pick up.