Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call from Tesla couple weeks ago saying I should be getting a call with a VIN and delivery date with in couple weeks. I still haven't received my VIN or call from Tesla. My EDD was March 15-25 and today EDD was updated to June 11 - July 23. Why would Tesla even bother calling me to get ready for the delivery and push back the delivery for another 3-4 months? I ordered MYP back in Nov 2021. It looks like I have to run another credit check in 4 months and that's not even guaranteed that I will get the car. They already ran credit check twice...ridiculous.
You need to get your profile changed to cash like now. Or you aint gonna even get it in June.

After being bumped to the back of the line, some quality time with the heavy bag was helpful. Preparing for single combat you know... 🤛

Seriously though, some real communication would make me feel even better. Responses are canned and generic to the point that I am pretty sure I am talking to a bot most of the time. Come on now, just tell me the truth. If the NW is getting back burnered because Tesla ran out of all season tires or something, I am fine with that. Just tell us.

Or, maybe in my case, I got bumped to the back of the line because Tesla figured out who I am... :(

After being bumped to the back of the line, some quality time with the heavy bag was helpful. Preparing for single combat you know... 🤛

Seriously though, some real communication would make me feel even better. Responses are canned and generic to the point that I am pretty sure I am talking to a bot most of the time. Come on now, just tell me the truth. If the NW is getting back burnered because Tesla ran out of all season tires or something, I am fine with that. Just tell us.

Or, maybe in my case, I got bumped to the back of the line because Tesla figured out who I am... :(
I’m convinced we have to be on the back burner in PNW for some reason.

I spent 250 a couple weeks ago to reserve a P with the intention of taking it if the EDD was much sooner, and it had a very similar EDD as my MYLR I ordered in October, just 1 week earlier.

Meanwhile, people with my config on East Coast/Midwest are taking deliveries like nobody’s business….with later EDD’s.

I got a call from Tesla couple weeks ago saying I should be getting a call with a VIN and delivery date with in couple weeks. I still haven't received my VIN or call from Tesla. My EDD was March 15-25 and today EDD was updated to June 11 - July 23. Why would Tesla even bother calling me to get ready for the delivery and push back the delivery for another 3-4 months? I ordered MYP back in Nov 2021. It looks like I have to run another credit check in 4 months and that's not even guaranteed that I will get the car. They already ran credit check twice...ridiculous.
I’d try call Tesla and complaining. You’d be surprised at what might happen. I still strongly suspect they have some bugs in their order allocation and delivery systems.

My personal anecdotes: I complained to my SA after multiple EDD pushes. They apologized, said it was definitely strange the order took that long, and said they would try to match a VIN on their end when possible. About three days later I got a VIN assigned. Could be entirely coincidence, but who knows.

After waiting 6+ months I finally got a VIN F407XX!!! 🙌 🙌
Now I’m just worried about financing. I originally was approved by PENFED but after giving me the run around they said I needed to apply for a loan again even though I applied two weeks ago. They also won’t be able to send a check until I get approved, which could take 1-2 days and the check could take 5-10 days. I’ve decided to go with DCU but now I’m worried I won’t get the check in time. EDD 3/25 - 3/28.
Crossing fingers all goes well, if it’s not one thing it’s another. Lol

MYLR, White/Black, 7 seats, 20", Tow, no FSD

Now I’m just worried about financing. I originally was approved by PENFED but after giving me the run around they said I needed to apply for a loan again even though I applied two weeks ago. They also won’t be able to send a check until I get approved, which could take 1-2 days and the check could take 5-10 days. I’ve decided to go with DCU but now I’m worried I won’t get the check in time. EDD 3/25 - 3/28.

CONGRATS !!! what was EDD before VIN?

Go through Tesla? Refinance later if needed. But don’t think there is much difference if u do 72 months in both.

Reactions: SKY_3
I’d try call Tesla and complaining. You’d be surprised at what might happen. I still strongly suspect they have some bugs in their order allocation and delivery systems.
I called just now and on their end, I am set to get a delivery date within next couple days. The operator said she has no idea why my Tesla app shows EDD pushed back. She said on her system my EDD is the same as before (March 25) and told me I should get an assignment within next couple days. It sounded like she has been getting lots of calls like mine recently. She assured me I am still on track to get my assignment soon.
Oh well back to waiting game..

What time of the day does Tesla assign VIN's? Can it be any time of the day? Or is it just mornings?
I'm trying to cut down the number of times I check my App per day....

OD 1/18
MYP White/Black/Tow/No FSD
EDD: 3/17-/3/31--> 8/31-10/26-->3/26-4/9
Anytime, there is no method to the madness.

Single datapoint - i received VIN around 3pm PST. i have seen early morning and noon vins in the past