Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel your pain.

Hit my EDD window twice. Each time booted back on the second day. Been booted to the end of the line twice now too. Just got moved a few days closer so no longer at the end of the line. April 28 to May 26. Meaningless. Only updating here for the group discussion follow up. I have no expectation that I will not continue to be booted back. The more orders at the lower prices that are induced to cancel, the more money Tesla makes. That is a fact that I have been pondering lately as I watch the patterns here on these boards.
It really does seem like they're forcing us into a game of chicken: endless EDD pushes or give in by upgrading to FSD or MYP. Option 3 seems to be getting the right people on the phone and making a huge stink, which has shown some success in this thread. I'm starting to worry that they'll somehow break the contract and no longer honor the old prices. Feels inevitable they go that route.

When did you complete your profile?

Did you have financing first that you switched to cash or a trade in that expired?
I don't remember exactly when I completed profile, probably Sep. The payment is always cash. I did add trade-in info twice, but after two weeks of adding the trade-in I removed them myself (saw EDD pushed and didn't want to wait for the expiration). I think it's just a combination of bad luck and trade-in for my case.

Reactions: gaurilla
And now my watch has ended...

Took delivery Saturday 4/9/2022 at the Lynnwood SC. Did a few trips around to look at panel gaps, imperfections, or other obvious issues so far haven't found any. The skies even parted for a few hours during my delivery window so it was done in full sunlight, not the intermittent rain, hail and other crazy yesterday. Interior found some strange residue (powdery white stuff) on the rear seat backs (in the cargo area) but it partially brushed off so am assuming it was some cleaning solution or maybe covid disinfectant stuff? IDK but not worried.

The only negative of the experience was a likely well-intentioned SC employee following her "belief system" lecturing my wife "you are literally poisoning the planet" by driving Highlander. Respect her opinion but it was overly aggressive, confrontational, and something she should likely save for her march on the capital building / Facebook / Twitter / wherever else she expresses such opinions. Had some pretty sharp feedback for her later and she did apologize. Not sure what she was thinking but it was very hostile and rude. I do respect her enthusiasm for Tesla and their products (and bought one) but there are plenty of reasons that are OUR business as to why we're an ICE + BEV family including availability, cost, and road trips that at least for now make it more practical.

Anyhow back to the car - has the latest running changes everyone else has noted this year. AMD Ryzen, updated windshield camera, heated wiper park (everyone keeps saying "heated wipers" but that is technically not correct, it's and heated area where the wipers sit at rest so they don't freeze and stick to the windshield), LiON 12v battery, PPF on rear door panel (forward of the rear tires), front mud guards, and Michelin all seasons. None of most recent Shanghai rumored or confirmed updates are in mine - door inserts the same, no dual rear passenger window glass.

Interestingly the car handles unsettled surfaces way better than the 2021 MYLR demo models that we test drove last year. It could be confirmation bias - simply "willing" the car to ride and absorb imperfections better - or it could be the MYP suspension and the all seasons handle bad pavement, railroad crossings, and other stuff better, not really sure. I do have a set of powdercoated black Gemini 19" to swap out w/ the Uberturbines and will do that later this week. There is also a pile of boxes worth of accessories - Sumo mirrors, tuxmat, AO S3XY buttons, phone mount, door pocket PPF, screen swivel mount, puddle light upgrades, rear directional signal indicator/brake lights, and a few other things to install.

Overall really happy with the car, and despite all the horror stories and concerns, it seems just as well built including fit and finish as any of the recent new vehicles we've purchased (Toyota and Hondas). Of course time and miles have a way of exposing issues, so let's see what the coming miles and months have in store.

1649606575774.png

Last edited: