Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy to clarify:
  1. This will depend on county. Some county electricity providers will offer rebates towards the type of home charger you choose to install and/or credit for electricity. WA does waive the sales tax for installation of a home charger.
  2. Transfer plates to another vehicle
Thanks for the reply. I am picking up the car today. Very excited.
For 1, I found this website (seeing you are also in Bothell, potentially served by Sno PUD): Electric Vehicle Tax Credits & Rebates - Snohomish County PUD
I just installed one of the qualified EVSEs yesterday (JuiceBox 40) to get the $500 rebate. I also plan to apply for the $500 charging credit after delivery.
Not sure if the WA sales tax exemptions (phase 2) applies to Tesla model Y. I can't find information about the 45K cap as that seems to be for FCEVs only, not BEVs.

Thanks for the reply. I am picking up the car today. Very excited.
For 1, I found this website (seeing you are also in Bothell, potentially served by Sno PUD): Electric Vehicle Tax Credits & Rebates - Snohomish County PUD
I just installed one of the qualified EVSEs yesterday (JuiceBox 40) to get the $500 rebate. I also plan to apply for the $500 charging credit after delivery.
Not sure if the WA sales tax exemptions (phase 2) applies to Tesla model Y. I can't find information about the 45K cap as that seems to be for FCEVs only, not BEVs.
Yeah I opted for the Tesla charger to take advantage of charging speeds but probably jumped the gun early. JuiceBox 48 could have been a good alternative option. Once I pickup my Y tomorrow I will apply for the charging credit.

WA sales tax exemptions will not apply as the vehicle is valued well above $45k (as with most EVs, so this tax exemption is minimally impactful).

Yeah I opted for the Tesla charger to take advantage of charging speeds but probably jumped the gun early. JuiceBox 48 could have been a good alternative option. Once I pickup my Y tomorrow I will apply for the charging credit.

WA sales tax exemptions will not apply as the vehicle is valued well above $45k (as with most EVs, so this tax exemption is minimally impactful).
Sounds good. BTW, I just realized I said $500 charging credit form Sno PUD. It should be $400.
BTW, I just saw this page and verified that new AFVs sold for more than 45K are ineligible for the WA sales tax exemptions. Best luck for your delivery.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheStryder
Sounds good. BTW, I just realized I said $500 charging credit form Sno PUD. It should be $400.
BTW, I just saw this page and verified that new AFVs sold for more than 45K are ineligible for the WA sales tax exemptions. Best luck for your delivery.
Just took my delivery.
Can anyone recommend a good tint shop near Redmond/Bothell area? Looking to tint front windows, potentially windshield and bumper/headlights PPF.

MYP Red/Black +Tow
OD: 8/28/22
EDD: Oct25-Dec6th
EDD1: Oct5th-Nov6th

Quick sales tax question. My county charges 8.3% sales tax. I was going to sell my current car privately to get a better price, but then a friend said that trading it in would reduce the amount of tax I'd have to pay. The value of the trade-in would be deducted from the total sales price for the Tesla and therefore I'd pay less tax.

If that's the case it might be cheaper to trade it in rather than selling privately?

Can anyone confirm this is how it works in Washington?

Thanks

MYP Red/Black +Tow
OD: 8/28/22
EDD: Oct25-Dec6th
EDD1: Oct5th-Nov6th

Quick sales tax question. My county charges 8.3% sales tax. I was going to sell my current car privately to get a better price, but then a friend said that trading it in would reduce the amount of tax I'd have to pay. The value of the trade-in would be deducted from the total sales price for the Tesla and therefore I'd pay less tax.

If that's the case it might be cheaper to trade it in rather than selling privately?

Can anyone confirm this is how it works in Washington?

Thanks
You do not pay sales tax on the trade-in value. However, you may get a better price than trading in, so you would need to compare. Also, for auto sales, there is a 0.3% additional state vehicle sales tax above normal sales taxes.

I’m trying to estimate when to start selling my current Suv
Latest EDD is dec seems like everyone else
How long after getting the vin do they usually deliver the car
In my experience it took about a week but that was 1 year ago. I would say if you are not in a rush for money (which at this point you shouldn’t), you should sell the car after getting delivery since you never know if you have to reject or pit it straight to service. I did that and sold the old suv to carmax and got a check in an hour or so.
All this to prevent ending up with no cars.

I got my VIN last night for delivery 9/7-9/11. Clicking the schedule link, it brought up open slots for Friday 9/9 in Lynnwood.

Today, I was sent an email with a code to order the mobile charger at a $200 discount (my order was pre-April so the charger should be included). I ordered that today.

Has anyone ordered their home charger recently? My order has remained unshipped for the past few days and I pick up the vehicle Friday.
Mine took about a week and a half to get to me. Ordered the 27th of August, arrived the 6th of September. It went from creating the label one day to just being delivered, never got a notice of it being picked up and actually in transit

Reactions: tez983
I had ordered and received my wall charger already. Turnaround was just a few days.

I ordered the mobile charger and different adapters for it last weekend. Both are due to be delivered tomorrow, so it is taking just under a week, and just in time for me to be able to charge at home, albeit more slowly, until the wall charger is installed.

I had ordered and received my wall charger already. Turnaround was just a few days.

I ordered the mobile charger and different adapters for it last weekend. Both are due to be delivered tomorrow, so it is taking just under a week, and just in time for me to be able to charge at home, albeit more slowly, until the wall charger is installed.
Nice. After i got my wall charger installed, I hardly ever use the mobile charger anymore. It’s under the seat for emergency purposes of course with a couple adapters. Make sure you get one of those charger locks. You’ll get unplugged sooner than later