Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Watch Model S get up to 133mph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you are really saying that with this thing called the internet and computers that if some highly motivated official (for whatever reason) decided to teach that person a lesson that they couldn't somehow figure out who that was? Also, you can read mph when you make the quality of the video 1080P. Once you figure out who that is you can figure out which car it is. Taking video of yourself doing something illegal and posting it on the internet is kind of the definition of giving up your right to privacy.

Not quite ... point is the "motivated official" would have to be a complete idiot with nothing better to do than tap the FBI for facial recognition or spend hours/days tracking the ID of this guy. Are they out there? Yes. Is Elliot gonna have a knock on the door? I think not.

Did you notice that the Model S started backing the power down when it exceeded 100 mph? When it exceeded 130 it backed the power down to 80 kW. I think the car might have started slowing down even if he didn't lift the accelerator.

I wonder if this is due to thermal limits?

Did you notice that the Model S started backing the power down when it exceeded 100 mph? When it exceeded 130 it backed the power down to 80 kW. I think the car might have started slowing down even if he didn't lift the accelerator.

I wonder if this is due to thermal limits?

I noticed that too, but I thought that it might be the software's way of showing the speed limiter in action -- basically the car is providing as much power as needed to maintain but not exceed the 130mph stated top speed.

If anyone were able to deduce the location, it would be relatively simple for local law enforcement to subpoena YouTube for IP address information and/or Tesla for customer information for any white model S, P85, with that specific trim, and owner's name "Eliot", matching them up.

As 133 mph on a public highway is considered reckless driving in almost every state, I can see why any law enforcement organization who were able to deduce the location would want to prosecute it.

If anyone were able to deduce the location, it would be relatively simple for local law enforcement to subpoena YouTube for IP address information and/or Tesla for customer information for any white model S, P85, with that specific trim, and owner's name "Eliot", matching them up.

As 133 mph on a public highway is considered reckless driving in almost every state, I can see why any law enforcement organization who were able to deduce the location would want to prosecute it.

Agreed. Arizona HWP located and prosecuted a local man who posted youtube videos of him driving his lambo 200 mph on a local freeway.

someone had to do it
Yw6fq.png

looks the autobahn to me... or maybe mexico...

- - - Updated - - -

was legal in Montana for a while...

CHP most likely, I would guess. As he also posted this other video of him near the Harris Ranch supercharger.

Uh. I would charge Elliot. There is a pretty good picture of him too.

"We got it up to 133 miles per hour" verbatim. You can kind of make out MPH under the speed on the dash. As well as it was 1:03pm on March 5th.

I agree 100% with this, but it doesn't mean it won't/doesn't happen.

Yeh, I got a CHP ticket for 95 on I-5 heading south to Harris Ranch last month.........the crazy thing, I wasn't trying to speed! Actually was on the phone (hands free) doing business and commented to the party on the other end, how quite it was at 85. Kept talking, clearly focused on the conversation and road conditions, and the next thing I see is a CHPS in my rear view mirror and when I look down at the speedo, it says 95! Waiting for the fine from Fresno, CA court. I expect it will hurt :(

Yeh, I got a CHP ticket for 95 on I-5 heading south to Harris Ranch last month.........the crazy thing, I wasn't trying to speed! Actually was on the phone (hands free) doing business and commented to the party on the other end, how quite it was at 85. Kept talking, clearly focused on the conversation and road conditions, and the next thing I see is a CHPS in my rear view mirror and when I look down at the speedo, it says 95! Waiting for the fine from Fresno, CA court. I expect it will hurt :(

Two words "cruise control"...