Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Watt Time & Watt Key - Wear OS Watch Apps To Control Your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heads up to any users of Watt Time; I've just released v4.7 that now includes NFC support so you can add your watch as an NFC key to your Tesla. Simply go into the Locks section of the Car menu in your Tesla, click the "+" button and then place your watch on the center console so your car can scan your watch. Your Tesla will then ask you to authorize this new key by placing an existing NFC key card on the center console. You'll now be able to hold your watch up to the door pillar to lock and unlock your Tesla :)

I believe this only works on 3/Y and refresh X and S that support users adding additional NFC keys.

Oh also, I quietly snuck in summon support a few releases ago. It's still beta and I'm working on making it better with the help of one of my users. However it seems to work quite well now, you can summon forward, back and also use come to me.

Last edited:
Not seeing v4.7 on the Android Play store yet or a way to update to it. I'm just seeing version 4.6. Looking forward to using the NFC key.
Google Play can take a few days to roll out updates to all regions. Hopefully it'll come through soon. Sometimes I find uninstalling and installing again forces Google Play to look for the latest version.

I believe this only works on 3/Y and refresh X and S that support users adding additional NFC keys.

I did a quick test it paired fine and shows key as active on 2021 Model S Plaid 😎👍

I have the watch as two keys. One labelled NFC and the other labelled Bluetooth (with your other app). I sit in car with just watch shows Bluetooth active. I hold watch to wireless charging pad it shows NFC key active.

I'm on v4.7 now. I have been able to successfully pair my Samsung Gear Watch 4 with the Model Y (2022 Y LR) using my key card and NFC, however after it's paired, the car does not recognize the watch being present and NFC is turned on with the watch. I have tried holding up the watch face to both the center console and the door pillar with the watch not being recognized as present. Any ideas?

The watch shows up as a key under locks but I can't get it to show as present no matter what I try. I've tried unpairing and re-pairing, restarting my watch, making sure NFC is turned on, keeping the Watt Time app open, etc.

I'm on v4.7 now. I have been able to successfully pair my Samsung Gear Watch 4 with the Model Y (2022 Y LR) using my key card and NFC, however after it's paired, the car does not recognize the watch being present and NFC is turned on with the watch. I have tried holding up the watch face to both the center console and the door pillar with the watch not being recognized as present. Any ideas?

The watch shows up as a key under locks but I can't get it to show as present no matter what I try. I've tried unpairing and re-pairing, restarting my watch, making sure NFC is turned on, keeping the Watt Time app open, etc.
Sorry about that. I'll have a dig into the code and see if I can spot anything that might be causing this. I've got a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 too and I noticed I had to press the watch right on the center console and door pillar and hold it there steady for a good couple seconds for it to register.

Hey @joshendy, I've just tried your app and have a few questions. Is there any way to configure the buttons on the main screen? I mean,
'Honk the horn' and 'Flash the lights' are pretty useless, I would rather like to have Climate, Vent, Unlock charge port...
Also, I can't find a way to unlock the charge port anywhere in the app. Am I missing something? This would be one of the most useful feature to me.

Hey @joshendy, I've just tried your app and have a few questions. Is there any way to configure the buttons on the main screen? I mean,
'Honk the horn' and 'Flash the lights' are pretty useless, I would rather like to have Climate, Vent, Unlock charge port...
Also, I can't find a way to unlock the charge port anywhere in the app. Am I missing something? This would be one of the most useful feature to me.
Yep. If you hold down the button you want to change then it'll show a list of functions you can replace it with. Tesla double the open charge port functionality with the unlock charger functionality, so if you've got a charger plugged in and "open the chargeport" it'll unlock the charger.

Reactions: Korchva
Yep. If you hold down the button you want to change then it'll show a list of functions you can replace it with. Tesla double the open charge port functionality with the unlock charger functionality, so if you've got a charger plugged in and "open the chargeport" it'll unlock the charger.

Awesome, thank you! Working 100%!

now I wish they were more buttons on the tile... is this a limitation that there are only 4?

Reactions: joshendy
Cool 😊 No, there's no limitation. I think I just wanted to keep the tile realitively simple and clean. I'll add option to add more buttons and put it in the next app update.
Very cool, thank you!! The tile is very useful.
I didn't had time to use the app much but I found a couple of bug: when I tap a button on the tile, the time out is too short, the car doesn't have time to wake up. It's missing 2 or 3 seconds I think.

Very cool, thank you!! The tile is very useful.
I didn't had time to use the app much but I found a couple of bug: when I tap a button on the tile, the time out is too short, the car doesn't have time to wake up. It's missing 2 or 3 seconds I think.
I've just released an update to Watt Time that allows you to add up to 7 functions to the tile now :) I've also made the app retry the connection to the Tesla servers much quicker so hopefully it'll wake the car and fetch data faster now. I also fixed a crash when using the summon "come to me" function for anyone that's using the summon feature on Watt Time.

I've just released an update to Watt Time that allows you to add up to 7 functions to the tile now :) I've also made the app retry the connection to the Tesla servers much quicker so hopefully it'll wake the car and fetch data faster now. I also fixed a crash when using the summon "come to me" function for anyone that's using the summon feature on Watt Time.
I'm still only seeing the May 6 update. Maybe it will pop up tomorrow to update?

Just updated today, this is great! I've set 6 buttons on the tile.
I had to reboot the watch after the update because the buttons were all mixed up, but working 100% now.
The tiles buttons still time out to wake the car tho. Is the update also for the app on the phone?

Just updated today, this is great! I've set 6 buttons on the tile.
I had to reboot the watch after the update because the buttons were all mixed up, but working 100% now.
The tiles buttons still time out to wake the car tho. Is the update also for the app on the phone?
Hmm there does seem to be some odd delay between my app updating the tile and it actually updating, despite me telling it to force update. Glad a reset fixed it. I've found removing the tile and readding it works too.

Sorry about it timing out still. I'll look into it tonight. The timeout is 90 seconds so it should continually try to wake up the car for at least that amount of time... Unless I've made a silly mistake 🤔

No, this update was just for the watch app. I hardly ever update the phone app as it's purpose is just to make logging in easier. All the brains of the operation is on the watch app.