Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wax in my Cracks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have wax in my cracks!:tongue:

Twas a good service and detail, now months have gone past
With each washing and cleaning she produces more wax
I scrub and buff and Pick with small sticks
But each wash and light rain, out the wax drips
pasty white spots on my charge port door
At least there's not gas stains anymore
Please someone help me clean out this goof
Of white paste wax crammed between my chrome and my roof

I guess i can just pressure wash it but I don't want to make the chrome peel off.
some hot water maybe?
it is all above the little rear windows, mainly driver's side

Last edited:
I have wax in my cracks!:tongue:

Twas a good service and detail, now months have gone past
With each washing and cleaning she produces more wax
I scrub and buff and Pick with small sticks
But each wash and light rain, out the wax drips
pasty white spots on my charge port door
At least there's not gas stains anymore
Please someone help me clean out this goof
Of white paste wax crammed between my chrome and my roof

I guess i can just pressure wash it but I don't want to make the chrome peel off.
some hot water maybe?
it is all above the little rear windows, mainly driver's side

Somebody's really bored. :p

I've used a little but is rubbing alcohol and wipe it off with microfiber towels. toothpicks to clean the tough spots. It's a pain. Don't use pressure washer , that'll really cause some damage if you get too close and concentrate on certain spots.

This should help

Attachments

• Tokyo_toilet.JPG
    Tokyo_toilet.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 345
Thanks! I recently bought a set of these for cleaning the wheels and didn't realize they has the crack cleaner.

You need a wax detailing tool. They usually have a little brush on one end, and a rubber point on the other. You can use the rubber point to remove wax that has gotten into cracks in the vehicle.

Mine's a bit different, but something like this:
http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-detail-brush-set.html

This should help

Good crack cleaner ideas ;>

- - - Updated - - -

You need a wax detailing tool. They usually have a little brush on one end, and a rubber point on the other. You can use the rubber point to remove wax that has gotten into cracks in the vehicle.

Mine's a bit different, but something like this:
http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-detail-brush-set.html

how thin are the blades on these? the small gap between my chrome and roof above the rear windows is really tight

how thin are the blades on these? the small gap between my chrome and roof above the rear windows is really tight

It varies based on the one you get. I have two: one is pretty chunky and shaped a bit like a pyramid that I find useful for body panel gaps. I have a second, more petite, version that I use for tight places. It's more thin and flat. Sounds like you need one like the latter. I got mine at AutoZone or Advance or one of those kinds of auto parts stores.

Get a spray wax or quick detailer. Despite its name, it will re activate the wax softening it so you can easily swipe it away with a microfiber towel.

Problem is that I can't wipe the inside of a tiny crack.
I plan on trying to liberally apply some warm water the next time I wash my car. I think I got most of the wax out the last time but I still see some hiding in there. It is amazing how much I seem to have gotten out so far!