Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waymo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The company ... not the car !
think Waymo will have a problem with being too conservative (they have too much money they want to protect). That will make them nearly inoperable in high traffic markets of east & west coast. If you are not suitably aggressive, you can't make the needed turns, merges, lane changes. May be that's the reason why it sits at the intersection waiting to turn left too.
It needed to make that turn! :p
I agree that it was bizarrely aggressive. Weird that I don't see either of them signaling.
Looking forward to trying it out when I get off the waitlist.

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
Waymo and Uber are expanding on their partnership and offering Uber Eats food delivery with autonomous Waymo vehicles Starting today.

waymo-uber-eats-e1712106211258.png

Waymo-AV-has-Uber-Eats-Order.png
Uber-Eats-x-Waymo-Head-Outside.png

Reactions: diplomat33
Waymo robotaxis logged 1.4 million driverless ride-hailing miles between December and February, roughly a 42% increase from the prior quarter, according to data the company reported to the California Public Utilities Commission.
December was the first month Waymo reported carrying more than 100,000 passengers on driverless trips — the vast majority of which were on paid rides — and the Alphabet-owned company reported similar figures for January and February.
That quarterly haul of about 316,000 passengers was up 45% from the quarter covering September through November, when Waymo carried about 218,000 riders. The latest figures represent a huge jump from this time last year, when the company’s robotaxis shuttled about 13,000 people on unpaid rides.

News: Waymo starts charging for rides in LA in two days. Insane demand.

View attachment 1036792

That's great news. Waymo just keeps marching forward. With the way, Waymo is increasing number of paid rides, I am optimistic Waymo will achieve profitability sooner than people think, especially when the much cheaper Zeekr vehicle is mass deployed. I don't think it will take a decade for Waymo to achieve profitability as some seem to suggest.

Reactions: spacecoin