Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waypoint Arrival and Continue Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

drtimhill

Apr 25, 2019
Seattle
Quick (and probably dumb) question about waypoints in the Nav system (and especially with FSD beta)...

If you setup a nav route with waypoints, when the car reaches the first waypoint it just stops (if you are sing FSD beta). Ok, how do you get it to proceed to the next waypoint on the route?. I can find no "continue trip" button in the UI, and there is no mention of this in the user manual that I can find.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. I would guess you have to put the car in park or something, but that seems an odd restriction .. seems that Tesla are assuming you actually want to stop and get out of the car at every waypoint?

Reactions: sewing1
Quick (and probably dumb) question about waypoints in the Nav system (and especially with FSD beta)...

If you setup a nav route with waypoints, when the car reaches the first waypoint it just stops (if you are sing FSD beta). Ok, how do you get it to proceed to the next waypoint on the route?. I can find no "continue trip" button in the UI, and there is no mention of this in the user manual that I can find.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. I would guess you have to put the car in park or something, but that seems an odd restriction .. seems that Tesla are assuming you actually want to stop and get out of the car at every waypoint?
Here's a video I created explaining how to use Waypoints effectively.

Reactions: HeyEph and EVNow
One of those times when the real requirement is different from the ask.

What we actually want is ability to dictate what exact route to take - we thought waypoints would let us achieve that. Turns out Tesla built Waypoints as a way to travel to different places ... rather than as a routing mechanism.

One of those times when the real requirement is different from the ask.

What we actually want is ability to dictate what exact route to take - we thought waypoints would let us achieve that. Turns out Tesla built Waypoints as a way to travel to different places ... rather than as a routing mechanism.
Yeah .. as others have noted, the workaround is to delete the waypoint as you approach it, causing the car to re-route to the next waypoint. A bit of a hack though.

Reactions: sleepydoc