Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waze - new HOV routing feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waze gains support for HOV lanes, motorcycles and voice activation

Personally I find this new feature especially useful when I visit SoCal because I am not familiar with the HOV lanes there. Sometimes I prematurely exit the HOV lane thinking I'll miss my exit only to find out later that there was a dedicated HOV lane/ramp and could have saved some time.

And I've never noticed it before or if it's also a new feature, but I just discovered 'Electric Vehicle' can be selected for car type in the Waze app.

"HOV routing will give you directions that include carpool lanes, once you activate the option in the Navigation section of the app’s Settings, and select the HOV pass that applies to you and your carpool crew. "

thanks for sharing!
the article says you can change settings under navigation to allow for HOV routing.
However, the release notes from Waze says you can choose the type of car (ie electric) or number of passengers to get HOV routing. Haven't figured out how to input number of passengers (not that it matters with HOV stickers). You can choose electric vehicle from the navigation settings.