Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We Are All Very Lucky

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My old BMW 550i was $25k less expensive than my Model S. The seats were air conditioned and massaged me while driving. They were also more ergonomic, more adjustable, and more comfortable. The interior materials and quality in the Model S are NOT anywhere near what I would consider to be standard in a $100k luxury car. The Model S, from an interior luxury standpoint, is a downgrade compared to $100k luxury cars.

The Tesla does a lot of things better than any ICE car can. There are still things ICE cars do better than the Tesla. People need to stop pretending otherwise. It's a great car, but to say you "can't compare" it to an M5, RS6, S63, etc, is a joke. I compared it, and chose the Tesla. But some people have different priorities.

+1 on all of what you said. While I love my Model S and hate driving in any ICE car now, I think some Tesla owners are a little too one-sided. All awesomeness of having an EV that goes far and fast and cool design aside, there are some aspects where the Model S definitely isn't at the same level as similar ICE cars. Especially interior quality is not anywhere near it's price range. I'm not complaining and I'm accepting these aspects because I wanted the Model S over any other car, but I'm not blind to fact they have to do some catching up to do in some areas.

Really? Must be a point of view. I don't think any of those compare.

I meant in terms of cost. How could a $100,000+ car (Model S) possibly not be better than a $25,000 car (Altima). If you're going to compare a Tesla, compare it with something in it's class. I didn't say the Model S would be inferior to other cars in it's class, only that a Model S to Altima comparison is unfair to begin with.

I meant in terms of cost. How could a $100,000+ car (Model S) possibly not be better than a $25,000 car (Altima). If you're going to compare a Tesla, compare it with something in it's class. I didn't say the Model S would be inferior to other cars in it's class, only that a Model S to Altima comparison is unfair to begin with.

I'm the OP. I didn't mean to compare the cars. Just to say we are lucky.

+1 on all of what you said. While I love my Model S and hate driving in any ICE car now, I think some Tesla owners are a little too one-sided. All awesomeness of having an EV that goes far and fast and cool design aside, there are some aspects where the Model S definitely isn't at the same level as similar ICE cars. Especially interior quality is not anywhere near it's price range. I'm not complaining and I'm accepting these aspects because I wanted the Model S over any other car, but I'm not blind to fact they have to do some catching up to do in some areas.

Please, stop with the objectivity:)

I think this is all a matter of perspective, from my point of view even with the short comings of Tesla and the MS I will never go back to an ICE for many reasons that have been stated here. Some of my friends would never spend this kind of money on a car and the ones that would vary from love the car but do not want to go all electric or just do not get the EV thing. I'm working on all of them, but do not want to become a pain it the butt. So in the end over 30 months later just cannot wait to go for a ride, still lots of fun driving something that looks good and runs from solar.