Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor We designed a better phone dock for the Model S & X. Here's how, and why.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New design guides received, finally installed when I had time, and now my bulky oversized iPhone7 Plus with sticky case and wallet pack holds securely in the dock, yet removes with a slow and gentle upward wiggle. Perfect now. Thanks Skyline!

Hey this is great news! Glad to hear it worked out good. We'll keep improving our products long as we get the proper feedback from all of you! Stay tuned!

So I need to buy the Dock, Guide and Cable for my S? Just making sure I have this correct

Correct, the items you need to purchase to make your premium console case-friendly docking stations are as follows:
1. Skyline Case Friendly Charing Dock
2. Skyline Universal Guides
3a. $15 Tesla Model 3 Charging Cable
or
3b. $35 Tesla Model S/X

either cable 3a or 3b will work. Some people have just previously purchased the 3b kit...
The only difference is the USB end has a 90 degree bend with 3b kit. 3a does not have a 90 degree bend on the usb side.
Either cable will function 100%

Thanks!

- Skyline

Hi TMC community,

We'll soon be offering our case-friendly dock and guide kits for gen one consoles!
Fit any phone sizes with or without a case to your console for charging!
Who's interested?! Heck, here's some quick renderings.
And for "gen1" and "gen2" identification see image below.
Tesla Accessories | Skyline Product
gen_1_small.jpg

Gen1_2 copy.jpg

Tesla Accessories | Skyline Product

Our case-friendly docks and universal phone guides are now available for Gen 1 consoles!

Skyline has been hard at work on new products for the Model S/X and 3.
So far we've had awesome feedback for our Universal Phone Guides and Dock Solutions.
This dock and guide solution works with any phone size with or without a case (something Tesla missed)

So far we've been designing our products for the newer "Version 2" consoles but we have not forgotten about all of you that have the "Version 1" premium drop in consoles. This is the first solution to offer Phone Guides for the "Version 1" console to help keep your phone secure!

For those who want to stay up to date on all our engineered solutions please subscribe to our mailing list as we work to offer new products including soon to be released Model 3 accessories! Tesla Accessories | Skyline Products

Follow us on social media! We're posting some cool stuff on product development & testing, and will be reaching out to email subscribers and followers for feedback and beta testing as needed!

Follow us on Facebook or Instagram here:
Skyline (@theskylineproducts) • Instagram photos and videos
Skyline

Follow us on Twitter here:
Skyline (@skylineproducts) | Twitter

guides_2-jpg.322040

dock_2-jpg.322044

v1_v2_5e6f63f8-19cb-4820-aa97-577b60658331-png.322045

install_1-jpg.322046

Skyline's current focus is on phone accessories but we are always open to input from the TMC community - please let us know what you guys need!

great to see v1 consoles now supported, thanks

Q: on the 1st page of this thread, I noticed the Skyline dock originally had a clever spring-loaded auto-adjusting feature.
Maybe I missed it but was there a redesign and now the dock simply has a higher-than-usual protruding connector? or is that a different product?

great to see v1 consoles now supported, thanks

Q: on the 1st page of this thread, I noticed the Skyline dock originally had a clever spring-loaded auto-adjusting feature.
Maybe I missed it but was there a redesign and now the dock simply has a higher-than-usual protruding connector? or is that a different product?

Yes, we did redesign the dock for a higher cable protrusion. This was done when the universal guides were released (which we recommend for every dock), because the soft grip-fins provide additional support, making the spring mechanism unnecessary.

In addition, the revised design allows for a much simpler cable installation process, which was a common request among our early customers.

Thanks!
Skyline

Reactions: hiroshiy and f-stop