Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor We designed a better phone dock for the Model S & X. Here's how, and why.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you order just the USB-C part if you have the existing dock? Or do I also have to order the universal phone guides? (if so, why not just offer together). Starman code does not work.

I'm a little bit unclear of what the question is. Can you clarify? The Skyline USB-C Dock is completely different than what Tesla offers. The universal phone guides are highly advised so the phone remains stable. Does this provide any clarity?

Functionally, the new dock is great. I can finally dock my phone smoothly while in a case.

Design leaves something to be desired, especially at $60. The included USB to lightning cable is reversed so I have to wrap the cable around and down. Not a big deal, but a glaring oversight for the price. The original Tesla lightning cable doesn’t fit, even though it looks to be nearly identical.

7B2A8CE8-9341-44F8-A56F-9E227B02B6B2.jpeg

Functionally, the new dock is great. I can finally dock my phone smoothly while in a case.

Design leaves something to be desired, especially at $60. The included USB to lightning cable is reversed so I have to wrap the cable around and down. Not a big deal, but a glaring oversight for the price. The original Tesla lightning cable doesn’t fit, even though it looks to be nearly identical.

View attachment 290395
Obviously not a fix, but a suggestion: Buy a 12v USB adapter and plug the cable into there if you aren't using your phone for any data. It will charge much faster

View attachment 290395

Drew, thanks for the feedback! We'll try to do our best to fix that wrapping around the console step. Stay tuned!

Super excited to get mine! I ordered the wrong one first, busy week at work, and the company was great! They immediately refunded my money, sent me a mailing label for the wrong one, and double checked to make sure I now had the right one on order! All without making me feel like an idiot! I’m now awaiting the one that will work with my iPhone!

Reactions: skyline
Super excited to get mine! I ordered the wrong one first, busy week at work, and the company was great! They immediately refunded my money, sent me a mailing label for the wrong one, and double checked to make sure I now had the right one on order! All without making me feel like an idiot! I’m now awaiting the one that will work with my iPhone!

Super excited for you to be a customer! ... as mentioned in the product description please just make sure you are aware its highly recommended to use the universal guides with the case-friendly docks to provide for additional stability during vehicle motion.

Also, please subscribe to our mailing list! We'll have more products for all models soon!

Reactions: ModelX
Reactions: hiroshiy
Okay went to site, ordered both the dock and the universal guides. Ready to pull PAYPAL trigger ($70 plus shipping at this point) when I see I have to buy yet another cable, but the highlighted link you give sends me to Tesla to buy their $34 dock.
So which cable (for iPhone 7 PLUS) is it that I need to get, and from where?

Okay went to site, ordered both the dock and the universal guides. Ready to pull PAYPAL trigger ($70 plus shipping at this point) when I see I have to buy yet another cable, but the highlighted link you give sends me to Tesla to buy their $34 dock.
So which cable (for iPhone 7 PLUS) is it that I need to get, and from where?

Hey sorry for the confusion, we'll try to reorganize the site a bit so it makes more sense. The idea is that we provide all the engineered solutions being the dock and guides and then you purchase the cable directly from Tesla. Now if you have purchased a Quick Connection Phone Dock from Tesla already you can use the cable that is included with that kit. However, if you do not have a cable at all the most cost effective solution is to purchase Model 3 Phone Charging Cable. From what I can understand you do not have a cable at all therefore you would purchase the items below:
  1. Skyline Case Friendly Charging Dock (on our site)
  2. Skyline Universal Phone Guides (on our site)
  3. Model 3 Charging Cable (Tesla's site)
I hope this clarifies everything. If you have any more questions please ask.

Hey sorry for the confusion, we'll try to reorganize the site a bit so it makes more sense. The idea is that we provide all the engineered solutions being the dock and guides and then you purchase the cable directly from Tesla. Now if you have purchased a Quick Connection Phone Dock from Tesla already you can use the cable that is included with that kit. However, if you do not have a cable at all the most cost effective solution is to purchase Model 3 Phone Charging Cable. From what I can understand you do not have a cable at all therefore you would purchase the items below:
  1. Skyline Case Friendly Charging Dock (on our site)
  2. Skyline Universal Phone Guides (on our site)
  3. Model 3 Charging Cable (Tesla's site)
I hope this clarifies everything. If you have any more questions please ask.

GREAT. Response noted, trigger pulled!

Got the new USB-C dock yesterday, and installed it today. It worked much better than the last one. Thanks! My phone is Essential PH-1 without a case, which fits nicely.
It is still a bit difficult to insert the phone to the connector at the first try, because the USB-C is not designed like iPhone's connector though. I need to wiggle just a little bit left and right.

Got my dock and guides the other day. Works great with my iPhone X with rather thick Spigen Neo-Hybrid case. I was surprised that it didn't come with the screws for installation, but luckily I already had the Tesla dock connector so I used the screws from that. Mine came with a straight cable (i.e. not right-angle) and it's long enough to reach my high speed charger in the cigarette adapter. The phone is nice and secure and I'm sure it would hold up to Ludicrous acceleration (maybe even "Plaid"). ;)