Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back on track ... :cool:

80-ferrari_gtc4lusso_side_r_high_lr_30a5b67e3e681368a11a05c35e28afbe38bdee01.jpg

I'd buy that, but I'll bet 60D will be the minimum, with 225 miles at least. They HAVE to outdo Chevy especially since they're launching a full year later.

This doesn't go along with Musk's comment that it won't look like anything else on the road though.

I'd buy that, but I'll bet 60D will be the minimum, with 225 miles at least. They HAVE to outdo Chevy especially since they're launching a full year later.

This doesn't go along with Musk's comment that it won't look like anything else on the road though.

I remember he said it wont look like anything else on the road, but later he said in a tweet or an interview that the first models wont have a drastic design change in order to get cars on the road. I don't have a link or anything to prove it..

Last edited:
Does anyone know when these types of details (models, range, hp, 0-60 times) was released for the ModelX? Curious how much of this we will know after March 31st.
Release history of the S and the X are completely irrelevant with the Model 3. EM has gone on record that only limited information will be initially available, and ongoing leaks will occur as he sees fit. The release process is completely different for the 3 -- new ground. With prior models, Elon said to much to soon and not everything was doable. He won't make that mistake again. He might give vague info, statements that start with things like "at least", but don't expect too much until much closer to final production of the Model 3 and the associated battery units from the Gigafactory.

And welcome, voltage, to the forum.

These sketches seem pretty reasonable, and I don't think they've been posted before.

Really nice sketch. Yep, I'd like that. It doesn't look yucky like some other renders have. Still, I'd prefer a more "sedan" design than "SUV" design.

Good to know... only 43 days until we see anyway!
Thanks for the update But who's counting? :wink:

Does anyone know when these types of details (models, range, hp, 0-60 times) was released for the ModelX? Curious how much of this we will know after March 31st.
Great handle. I'm surprised it wasn't taken already! Welcome. :cool:

Last edited:
Great render, I do however think the rear door entry would be horrible..What do you guys think of a M3 with the body style of the DS5?

I literally hope they build something that is more or less a all wheel drive tesla styled BMW 3 series. Or an IS 350. A daily driver, good room in the front for the driver, small seats in the back. There is a huge market there and I hope they don't blow it by making something hatchbacky.

- - - Updated - - -

Then again, the Acura Precision concept looks mighty tesla like

02_Acura_Precision_Concept_2016.0.jpg

I'd buy that, but I'll bet 60D will be the minimum, with 225 miles at least.

I think it will be a 50 KW front-wheel-drive model which coupled to low drag design will get you to 200. There will be a D and a P versions and something with a bigger battery. One motor up front with 50KW is very doable for $35K. I would like a 75D myself with 280 miles range. I can live without the P.

I think it will be a 50 KW front-wheel-drive model which coupled to low drag design will get you to 200. There will be a D and a P versions and something with a bigger battery. One motor up front with 50KW is very doable for $35K. I would like a 75D myself with 280 miles range. I can live without the P.
As pointed out by others, FWD makes absolutely no sense in this case esp. given Tesla's past history. If it's going to be a 3 series competitor, it'll be RWD.