Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Web App for Viewing TeslaCam Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Reginald Jones - Which browser are you using? I can't tell from the screenshot. Try using Safari or Firefox and see if the videos show.
I'm using Safari. I've also examined the data on the usb and have now concluded that the records are broken. Both my iMac and a friends PC both agree the records are broken and can't be read. I don't know if the problem was just the usb - although it had been working previously or the car messed ups the recording.
it's just unfortunate that the one time I really wanted the dash cam to work it didn't ... just bad karma I guess.

This is a great app... my 3D was stolen (I left an extra key in the center console and the car didn't auto lock upon exit, fml)… I had an hour's worth of footage of the guys who stole the car but going through all the footage was an arduous process to say the least. I found this app on a google search and made the process so much easier. Many Thanks!!!

Any recco on how to record the multi-screen playback on the website? The only thing I found was a "icecream screen recorder" freeware, but wondering if anyone found something easier or within the app?

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-01-21 071411.png
    Annotation 2020-01-21 071411.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 102
This is a great app... my 3D was stolen (I left an extra key in the center console and the car didn't auto lock upon exit, fml)… I had an hour's worth of footage of the guys who stole the car but going through all the footage was an arduous process to say the least. I found this app on a google search and made the process so much easier. Many Thanks!!!

Any recco on how to record the multi-screen playback on the website? The only thing I found was a "icecream screen recorder" freeware, but wondering if anyone found something easier or within the app?

@marshalldavids - Sorry to hear your car was stolen and hopefully no damage. Glad the app was useful for you to easily search through the videos! I built this for cases like that.

As far as recording the multiple views into one video file, I'm on Mac and have followed these steps from Apple to record the screen as I playback on the website. How to record the screen on your Mac

Thanks to those who have supported and showed interest in the app, I'm currently working on an easier way to do this through the website itself.

I'm using Safari. I've also examined the data on the usb and have now concluded that the records are broken. Both my iMac and a friends PC both agree the records are broken and can't be read. I don't know if the problem was just the usb - although it had been working previously or the car messed ups the recording.
it's just unfortunate that the one time I really wanted the dash cam to work it didn't ... just bad karma I guess.

You got to get the right type of flash device, most USB has a fixed number of write cycles which will be reached quickly on use with dash cams.
Need something like high endurance or pro endurance

https://smile.amazon.com/Samsung-En...RVEARKTNTYT&psc=1&refRID=2ZDB4BSZTRVEARKTNTYT

This reader does not heat up like some others
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G5JV2B5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Kim

Stealing a Tesla... criminals are not smart :)

As a side note, this app helped someone else recently. I was sitting at an intersection and someone tried to make illegal left turn in front of me, t-boning a car traveling the other way. I immediately pressed the button to save the video and then used the app to find the right clips. Since then I shared with police and the insurance companies as they determined liability. All were amazed I could just grab this from the car.

You may have been asked this but is your project on github, I would love to host it on my home server and watch them. Any possibility of making it open source?

I'm still considering making it open source as several have been wanting to help contribute that way.

There's also a Docker container version of the application that can run locally. It still requires Internet access to download some of the libraries but I'm looking to make all that local. More info on the Docker container at: Docker Hub

I use a 256 USB that come already formatted for Mac.....I got it from PureTesla.....Jeff is the owner and has a great product.....I have one in my Model 3 and my new Model S....the bak I got came with 256g card, reader with type c and USB A, and an adapter for the type c to lightning connector.....

He also gave me a link to an app that loads the video to your iPhone and you may select the video and get all three or four views in one showing....The app is DashCamVideo I think.....but wait, he send you a link in the email that has a pass key that allows you to use the app for free and automatically loads the app to your phone.....perfect plug ’n’ play.....give him a shout......

You can reach him at: puretesla.com

I bought a USB reader to lightning adapter to use with my iPhone or iPad and with iOS 13 I can indeed access the Tesla dashcam and sentrycam files on my USB flash drive (as long as I supply power). However, I don’t see a way to select multiple files for display in the web viewer app. Has somebody else figured out how to do this with the iOS 13 version of Safari and this web app?

Now if only Tesla would provide access to the USB drive from the Tesla web browser... we could use this web app until they develop an integrated solution.
go see to PureTesla.com.....Jeff has exactly what you need

• Informative
Reactions: TheDon
Hi,

I can't get this to work with Edge, the app can see the files on the USB drive, and it loads up the file names in each of the video frames, but nothing plays.

I've downloaded the codec and that doesn't appear to have made any difference.

The videos play fine in Windows, using the standard Windows 10 app.

Any ideas?

Luke

I used it extensively on old edge. The only issue I found was not being able to scrob smoothly - a windows issue rather than Edge.

I must admit, I have not used it with the new Edge yet.

zzzzzzzzzzz

ok, just tried in new edge. I can confirm its broken, at least in part. I can get it to play front camera sometimes, but not any of the others and not all of the time.

I suspect the 'chrome issue' now applied to Chromium Edge. Hope the author fixes it even if there is now an inbuilt alternative.

• Helpful
Reactions: jdeskins and LukeUK
I created a web application for viewing my TeslaCam dashboard and Sentry video clips that I would like to share and get feedback. Works on Mac or Windows using Chrome or IE browsers.

TeslaCam Viewer

The app uses your local file system and browser - so nothing to install or upload. Click Choose Files button and select all the mp4 video files within a directory and the app will play the videos from the left, front, and right cameras simultaneously on the screen. Click the speed button to cycle through 1x, 3x or 10x speeds. Will play all the one-minute videos in order by timestamp in the filename.

Let me know any thoughts if this is useful or ideas to make it better. It would be nice if this would just work from the Tesla browser in the car and have access to the files directly mounted from the USB TeslaCam directory.

screen-shot.jpg
After upgrading
I created a web application for viewing my TeslaCam dashboard and Sentry video clips that I would like to share and get feedback. Works on Mac or Windows using Chrome or IE browsers.

TeslaCam Viewer

The app uses your local file system and browser - so nothing to install or upload. Click Choose Files button and select all the mp4 video files within a directory and the app will play the videos from the left, front, and right cameras simultaneously on the screen. Click the speed button to cycle through 1x, 3x or 10x speeds. Will play all the one-minute videos in order by timestamp in the filename.

Let me know any thoughts if this is useful or ideas to make it better. It would be nice if this would just work from the Tesla browser in the car and have access to the files directly mounted from the USB TeslaCam directory.

screen-shot.jpg

Thanks for a great app; however, I am unable to get the next and previous buttons to work. The error message I get is that there is no next/previous video.

@aleagle - The previous/next buttons work when there are multiple events loaded. You will see events listed in the "Select Event to Play" dropdown. If there are multiple events loaded but not going to previous/next - post what operating system and browser you are using. That will help to troubleshoot.

Digging up an old thread. I can no longer TeslaCam Video Web Player to work in my Edge browser. Clips are black. Does anyone else have it working or is there an alternative viewer for Windows? Of course view individual video files in Win10. But I am looking for a tool to sort through dashcam clips that works like this one used to.