TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Web Browser

Discussion in 'Model S' started by whitecotton, Jan 1, 2016.

1. whitecotton

whitecotton Member

What is the norm as far as reliability and speed on the web browser? I have 3G and have considered the upgrade, but slacker works great on the 3G leaving only the web browser to improve. I have found the web browser to be awesome for games and time killing while waiting in parking lots.

2. pedriscoll

pedriscoll True Blue Tesla Fan

In general, I think you will find that the web browser really sucks whether you have 3G or LTE. It is almost unusable IMO.

3. cottylowry

cottylowry 2013 Model S

I upgraded to lte or 4G or whatever the upgrade is about 2 months ago. A lot of the time I have more bars, but I'm not really certain the upgraded increased browser speed/loads. I"m not sure it's worth the $500.00

4. disillusioned

disillusioned Member

I have 4G/LTE and the browser just sucks. Never owned a 3G, but knew this was the case going into it, so, meh. If you're happy with slacker and map tiles, then don't bother.

5. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Web browser is pretty much neutered. Only useable for basic sites/info/news, etc, as well as some tesla specific sites people have created. Playing games? Prob not a chance.

6. whitecotton

whitecotton Member

The games I play are simple connect 4 and chess games, which the car handles quite well. I wouldn't dare try anything to advanced :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your help! I think I'm going to stick to 3G until I win the lottery!