Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Feb 2022 build Model S. I picked up a loud high pitch whining sound immediately after update 2022.24.6. They pushed 2022.24.8 the next day to no avail. Same problem everyone is talking about. The only way to make it stop is to turn off sentry, don’t open phone app, and don’t touch the car. Hopefully they send a patch soon, it really sucks! You’ll definitely know if you have the problem, it’s annoying as hell.

Oh snap. I have the same exact problem and thought it may have been the heat that caused the coil wine. "happy" not really, to see that I'm not the only one. It's super annoying when coming to a stop as the noise is very prominent when not listing to music/podcasts. 2022 Long Range.

morning update: the sound was gone when I checked since the car was sleeping. when started her to drive back to the garage, the sound came back. so no clue now what is next until Tesla contact me back (the service appointment is 3 weeks away!!)

update 2: sound gone after 45 min (I guess how long it take the car to sleep) buttering that time, the sounds stays on the whole time. I understand Teslas will make some sound, clicking while parked but never heard it doing this. ---> Model S Owner's Manual | Tesla

update 3: confirmed when the car sleep after 30 min or so sound is gone, if I opened the App the sound come back again.
Mine behaves the same.

I think the whining noise occurs when the car's system is awake. I went into the garage to charge the MSP last night, but forgot my phone to unlock the charging port. Didn't hear the noise, but it immediately started when I came back with my phone. Then this morning, I checked the car without my phone and there was no noise, even with it still plugged in. Decided to open the Tesla app to connect to the car, and sure enough, the whine came back. I'm taking the car in Wednesday for other stuff and will mention this to the technicians.

Reactions: BooMan
Followup to my previous post as I don't see an option to edit and add to it. The whine starts when you hear the "click". Not sure what that engages, but it starts right after that.
Followup to my previous post as I don't see an option to edit and add to it. The whine starts when you hear the "click". Not sure what that engages, but it starts right after that.
I have a similar observation. This morning, after an overnight of charging, there was no noise. The instance I approached with my phone and unlocked the car noise started and never stopped since. I have had couple trips and noise still ongoing.

I have August 2022 build MS Plaid and just started experiencing this issue since the last software update.

I created a service ticket this morning, and got the following reply from a SA:

"Good morning. The buzzing noise is from the most recent software update. The engineering team is aware of the buzzing and it will be addressed in a future firmware update."

I have August 2022 build MS Plaid and just started experiencing this issue since the last software update.

"Good morning. The buzzing noise is from the most recent software update. The engineering team is aware of the buzzing and it will be addressed in a future firmware update."
🐝

"Good morning. The buzzing noise is from the LAST recent software update and the MOST recent update DID NOT fix it, so you'll still have to deal with it in the mean time. The engineering team is aware of the buzzing and it will be addressed in a future firmware update - ETA UNKNOWN"

there.. I fixed it for ya, lol. SC are pretty much worthless and will come up with anything but a fix unfortunately in MOST situations. There is a major GAP between manufacturing and service centers, that's what sucks about Tesla. I still enjoy my Tesla, just that they need to work on their service big time.

SAME EXACT THING HERE TOO! Noticed it this morning. If I walk to my X Plaid without my
Phone or keys, it won’t wake up and make noise. As soon as I got my keys, it woke up, made a click (the click is normal as it did it since new) and then it started the whine noise.

Reactions: fahedz
That is exactly what is happening.

I asked Tesla if they can push me 22.24.8 to try or roll me back to the old one. So fingers crossed.

Also did you notice an extra battery drain? Mine dropped since prked last night from 67% to 62% after the update! Usually I see 1% every 24 hours.
My model X is on 22.24.8 right now and it still has this issue.

Thread 'Constant high pitch electronic whine, even when parked'
Constant high pitch electronic whine, even when parked