Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. It should be an older base software. Hopefully someone hasn't merged the bug into the fsd build.

Fun bug in the current fsd build... The interior lights are off when you are in the car and on when you get out. They managed to bring back an old bug from years ago. Throwback bug!
Oh good grief! And to the surprise of anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Reactions: pilotSteve
As someone said above the contact is active/disconnected at a high frequency (causing the noise) which is probably meant to reduce power draw vs active all the time. The byproduct of this power-saving feature is that it causes this whine. I'm still waiting for them to push an update that reverts it back to the previous setting or a different remedy. It's incredibly noticeable when I camp and everyone nearby including me can hear the car whining.

But the clock is ticking on when we'll need to upgrade.

1665016473596.png

Last edited:
It's crazy to me that you write about this so often, but your car doesn't even make the noise... Man that's strange
Because I’ve been in technology field my entire life, and these kinds of sounds are the stuff of nightmares. I don’t even need to update my car to know how much this would grate like nails on a chalkboard, and I feel for anyone who has to deal with this BS.