Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird foam coming from crack in garage floor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kipernicus

Model S Res#P1440
Dec 2, 2009
Belmont, CA
Noticed this dried up foamy stuff under the car, like it dripped off and crystallized. Not salt (bay area).

Maybe residual car wash soap? I go to Foster City touchless, but it has been weeks since I last went. Or something else I picked up from the road?

uploadfromtaptalk1392229422984.jpg

I was trying to link to another thread where a similar "white powder" has shown up (much smaller amounts) in other peoples car and they are speculating corrosion as well. Look at page 2 of the "My baby got hurt :(" post under the main Model S forum. Now that is a lot of powder so let's just hope it is salt or cocaine.

My other post said it was waiting for mod approval and I guess it never got approved.

Kip, there is a lot of speculation here. Did you bring the car, and a sample of the white stuff to Tesla service to see what they think? That seems like the reasonable thing to do.

(Speaking of reasonable, if I didn't know how reasonable and well behaved your sons are, I would have said it is just laundry soap they put under your car to play a prank on you, but your kids are too well behaved for that.)

This is lime salts leaching from underneath your slab. It is due to excess moisture underneath your slab, and/or improper moisture barrier applied underneath it. It has nothing to do with your car! In the summertime see if you can improve the drainage away from your house to keep the soil drier.