Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird software glitch - kinda scary

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

googleiscoul

3 months maybe, 6 months definitely......
Mar 13, 2017
Aldie VA
So I took delivery of my 100D MS this Friday and today we were driving to the mall when I was on a local nondivided highway and going about 60mph. Then suddenly out of nowhere the summon/auto-park symbol shows up a blue P with the auto steer symbol. Note I wasn't using auto steer and it wasn't available because I was driving on a local road so that counts as low speed auto steer and was well above the speed to enable it. I first didn't understand the symbol then I remembered from the time I sat inside while i summoned it. It didn't do anything to the speed or steering but I didn't leave it long enough to find out. I immediately restarted the MCU and the dash, didn't see the problem again. Anyone with same experience?

If it happens again I'm going to take a picture for sure - BTW where do you report software glitches?
Since the car is so new, I'd call Tysons (I assume) and talk to your DS. It could be an alignment issue; hard to say. I don't recall this issue before (auto park at speed) but 17.16.35 is brand new...

If they have a concrete answer, do report back!