Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Well, Now I did it... Now what?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a 14-50 from the beginning, and I'm now planning upgrading to an HPWC. But not because of the overnight charge time (for that the 14-50 is more than fast enough, even if I drive it to empty).

The problem is that I like to generally keep the battery charged at 80% (200 miles). But sometimes I want to go somewhere far on a whim.So if I need a range charge, I need 2.5 hours notice. It would be nice being able to cut this down to just over an hour.

So I think in general the HPWC allows you to keep a lower SOC on your battery, which in turn is better for your battery over the long run.

I'm debating same thing--but not sure $2700 is worth it. I don't drive but maybe 60 miles (at most per day).

I'm debating same thing--but not sure $2700 is worth it. I don't drive but maybe 60 miles (at most per day).

Could consider skipping it then. The twin chargers are actually nice to have but now you can't order them without getting the HPWC. You might be able to sell the HPWC and then you'd have the twin chargers but with the Superchargers coming up in Texas, the need is less. There is talk about putting 80A J1772 EVSEs along minor routes in Texas paid for by other owners so twin chargers would come in handy there.

its good that you arnt getting the paint armor, it doesnt cover anything really, it would be better to wrap your car in a self healing film (avery and 3m both have higher end self healing films that you can apply)
since your car is more or less the top model i would recommend you wrap the whole car to eliminate any lines from the clear protection,

as for the spoiler, in my opinion its kind of a cheapo non functional item, its held on by double sided tape. just looks cheesy.