Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow - in Germany you are required by law to endure any measures on your property regarding electrical and water/sewage. You just don't have a say in the matter except that the respective operating companies cannot go through your buildings or inconvenience you in the use of your property (transformer right in front of your door and such).

That would be nice, actually. Here, we get stuck with lawyers comparing their dick size whenever we need a easement....

My fear here is that, because BC Hydro actions are as much based on personalities and egos as they are on safety and standards, some desk jockey could hold things up out of pure spite.

Well, in Kamloops, a couple of kilometers away, there is a BC Hydro CHAdeMO unit that I'm sure BC Hydro would prefer you to use at $0.35/kWh.

So, what will come first? A BC Hydro transformer, a Tesla CHAdeMo adapter, or an in-focus video of Sasquatch?

Well, in Kamloops, a couple of kilometers away, there is a BC Hydro CHAdeMO unit that I'm sure BC Hydro would prefer you to use at $0.35/kWh.

So, what will come first? A BC Hydro transformer, a Tesla CHAdeMo adapter, or an in-focus video of Sasquatch?

The last one, but it'll be CGI.

I sure hope the transformer will come before the Tesla CHAdeMO adapter. I think the CHAdeMO adapter for North America is a theoretical beast, just like the battery swapping stations. I have a feeling that neither will actually come to pass.

Pics of the Kamloops Site I took this morning. There is a transformer at site but unfortunately it is an old one that has been at this location by our visitor center for some time
[ there is a Sun Country charger on-site as well ]. The nice VACANT pad next to the Tesla "shack" looks like we will be joining Hope in waiting on BC Hydro :(
Kam SC4.JPG
Kam SC5.JPG
Kam SC6.JPG
Kam SC7.JPG

Pics of the Kamloops Site I took this morning. There is a transformer at site but unfortunately it is an old one that has been at this location by our visitor center for some time
[ there is a Sun Country charger on-site as well ]. The nice VACANT pad next to the Tesla "shack" looks like we will be joining Hope in waiting on BC Hydro :(
View attachment 64243

Thanks for the pictures and update!

The electrical needs for a Supercharger Site almost always demand a new Transformer. That pad is certainly the location for the new transformer. The good news is that the length to run the medium Voltage feed from the old transformer to the new pad looks to be short.

BC Hydro schedule? :confused:

Canmore Update

Many thanks to Nicole at Canmore Rocky Mountain Inn
_________________________________________________________________________________

Good afternoon,

I apologize for the delay in response; I’ve been away from work this past week.

Attached you will find some photos of the progress as of today, Sunday, November 23 2014.

As you can see, excavation is still in progress and in the second photo, you can see the charging stations, boxed and covered in tarps.

Construction is slated for completion by December 15, 2014.

Please let me know if you have any more questions, I’d be happy to help.

Regards,

Nicole
Front Desk Agent
Canmore Rocky Mountain Inn

IMG1739.jpg
IMG1738.jpg
IMG1737.jpg
IMG1736.jpg

Last edited:
A recent article in the Golden paper says that the SC at the Travelodge should be "up and running by the end of the year". This would finally supercharge the drive from Vancouver to Calgary but only if construction at Revelstoke is also complete (I don't think any work has started there yet?) and BC Hydro has installed the necessary transformers at each supercharger location...

Screen Shot 2014-11-24 at 9.04.11 PM.png

Wow, I got an informative reply from BCHydro on one of my tweets:
Hi there, thanks for reaching out. Tesla is currently working with multiple property owners on land title and rights-of-way issues before station can be energized. We're continuing to support Tesla as they work thru this process as quickly as possible

So, I guess this means we'll see it open by 2016 if we're lucky?

Wow, I got an informative reply from BCHydro on one of my tweets:

So, I guess this means we'll see it open by 2016 if we're lucky?

Well, if it doesn't happen this week then I'm going to lose the bet!

It must be frustrating to be in a position of having to wait for someone else yet take the blame for delays. If BC Hydro is being truthful here, then they are not at fault. I wonder how it got to the point that Tesla built the Supercharger installation without having dealt with "land title and rights-of-way issues"?

Well, if it doesn't happen this week then I'm going to lose the bet!

It must be frustrating to be in a position of having to wait for someone else yet take the blame for delays. If BC Hydro is being truthful here, then they are not at fault. I wonder how it got to the point that Tesla built the Supercharger installation without having dealt with "land title and rights-of-way issues"?

Well, going on a simple vote, BC Hydro is currently losing this argument 2:1 as Tesla has told me that they are waiting on BC Hydro and another post quotes the zoning department for Hope as saying that there is no problem with the zoning.

So, where is the project manager? There is apparently a complete lack of consensus between 3 of the entities concerned as to what the problem is and it is the project manager's job to straighten things out. Actually, it was the project manager's job to ensure that things didn't get to this point.

Well, going on a simple vote, BC Hydro is currently losing this argument 2:1 as Tesla has told me that they are waiting on BC Hydro and another post quotes the zoning department for Hope as saying that there is no problem with the zoning.

So, where is the project manager? There is apparently a complete lack of consensus between 3 of the entities concerned as to what the problem is and it is the project manager's job to straighten things out. Actually, it was the project manager's job to ensure that things didn't get to this point.
Actually there is a consensus between Tesla and the various towns, it's only BC Hydro that is saying something different, essentially to pass the buck.

Actually there is a consensus between Tesla and the various towns, it's only BC Hydro that is saying something different, essentially to pass the buck.
You're right, I worded that last paragraph wrong. There is partial concensus.

The problem is that the work left to be done needs to be done by BC Hydro, and apparently BC Hydro thinks that someone else needs to do something first.

As it stands apparently one side is waiting on the second side, while the second side is waiting on the first. The result is that nothing is getting done.

The project manager needs to sort this out

You're right, I worded that last paragraph wrong. There is partial concensus.

The problem is that the work left to be done needs to be done by BC Hydro, and apparently BC Hydro thinks that someone else needs to do something first.

As it stands apparently one side is waiting on the second side, while the second side is waiting on the first. The result is that nothing is getting done.

The project manager needs to sort this out

Ordinarily I would agree but in this case I feel more cynical, i.e. I think BC Hydro are just blaming their slowness on other people with the assumption that we don't know any better. I'm guessing this response is their go-to response. I Agree that someone should be kicking their butts but for all we know, someone is kicking their butts but it is not having any effect.

Tesla's focus seems to be elsewhere.

1375636_10152847439887801_5675300672728533152_n.jpg

Check out Superchargers
Click on the Data tab.
UK, Norway, Germany, China, China, China, USA, Sweden, Sweden, USA, USA, Denmark, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, UK, China, Norway, UK, China, Germany, USA, Sweden, China, Norway, China, China, China, Japan, USA, USA, USA, Germany, Germany, France, USA, Norway, China, China, China, ... and that's only going back to Oct 30.