Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Valleyview, Alberta SC appears to be under construction. The site supervisor said the stations should be open by mid November. Great news for people traveling north to Grand Prairie from Edmonton.
(Photos posted with permission from my wife ;))

Attachments

• IMG_8966.jpeg
    IMG_8966.jpeg
    875.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_8965.jpeg
    IMG_8965.jpeg
    587.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Valleyview, Alberta SC appears to be under construction. The site supervisor said the stations should be open by mid November. Great news for people traveling north to Grand Prairie from Edmonton.
There was also a rumour from a few days ago that site construction may be upcoming for a SC in Whitecourt AB, about half way between Edmonton and Valleyview.

Does anyone else wonder if Tesla has stopped adding future sites to their "Find Us" map? I've seen few, if any, future sites added to the map since back in April.

It is always to good to see expansion of the SC network into new areas; we can hope that more drivers will conclude that an EV will work for them. I get pretty frustrated hearing all the reasons why an EV won't work for their specific needs.

@Big Earl

(Photos posted with permission from my wife ;))
As I posted in the Valleyview thread, this is a pretty unusual conduit layout for a supercharger. Appears to be one charging cabinet and three stalls.

Reactions: Zapped
Russell Manitoba Supercharger - unnamed Co-op employee confirmed SC will be installed at the new Food Store being constructed.

With the also-rumored Neepawa SC, this would open up the remainder of 16HWY to Portage La Prairie.
It's progress, but almost all of the province is still inaccessible by supercharger, and even by Level 2 charger. I want to go to Flin Flon and Thompson.

Reactions: Webeevdrivers
Valleyview is on an island without it, so we can just casually set aside the rules needed for a cone (I miss cones, those were better) and start speculating about what's next

The perfect area for a splitter is desolate nothingness, so they would have to do both Grande Prairie and Dawson Creek to make Fort St John a reality in the winter. After that, I think it's mostly diesel generator settlements until you hit Fort Nelson, and then same thing after that.

Reactions: XHabjab
With the also-rumored Neepawa SC, this would open up the remainder of 16HWY to Portage La Prairie.
At least from Russell (now under construction) you can get to Brandon by turning south at Minnedosa, so most of the highway will be open.
It's progress, but almost all of the province is still inaccessible by supercharger, and even by Level 2 charger. I want to go to Flin Flon and Thompson.
I hear of a guy who made it to The Pas but apparently it was a pain, the chargers along the way were not just slow but unreliable. then apparently he resorted to 120V charging while he was working up there. Fortunately, it was summer.

next time he went up the employer rented him a regular car.

Reactions: Webeevdrivers
At least from Russell (now under construction) you can get to Brandon by turning south at Minnedosa, so most of the highway will be open.

I hear of a guy who made it to The Pas but apparently it was a pain, the chargers along the way were not just slow but unreliable. then apparently he resorted to 120V charging while he was working up there. Fortunately, it was summer.

next time he went up the employer rented him a regular car.
That Minnedosa route will work for us pulling a trailer. But still hoping Neepawa happens. Any more rumours on Neepawa?

Moderator note: Four posts discussing a Supercharger under construction in Whitecourt AB are now the start of a new thread:

Bruce.

@DblCapCrimpin on X doesn’t know his Tesla models. The car shown on that flatbed is not a Tesla, as all of us here know.

Back to the thread topic…

“220 new sites in Western Canada by December 2025”.

I do not know where the 220 number came from, but obviously there will not be 220 new Supercharger locations by that date. There could be 220 new Supercharger stalls by that date, which could be 12 to 20 new locations over the next 23 months. Which would obviously be great, and much needed.

@DblCapCrimpin on X doesn’t know his Tesla models. The car shown on that flatbed is not a Tesla, as all of us here know.

Back to the thread topic…

“220 new sites in Western Canada by December 2025”.

I do not know where the 220 number came from, but obviously there will not be 220 new Supercharger locations by that date. There could be 220 new Supercharger stalls by that date, which could be 12 to 20 new locations over the next 23 months. Which would obviously be great, and much needed.
yeah it must be stalls !! still a great number so fingers crossed

Reactions: angus[Y]oung