Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fellow forum member @in2oil and I are planning a drive from Calgary through Vernon to Vancouver starting Wednesday August 26. Perhaps we will see some BC Tesla owners on our trip. We will have a day or two in Vancouver for visiting or grabbing lunch so if anyone in Vancouver is available Monday, August 31 for lunch or even Tuesday... let me know. Hope to run into other owners at the Superchargers as well.

Funny Supercharger story... on our way back through Golden, BC last week, my wife went into the hotel and spoke to the front desk lady who asked about the Tesla. She said another gentleman was sitting in the lobby for about 3 hours earlier that day waiting for a Tesla to arrive just so he could see one live! Unfortunately nobody pulled up during that time. :)

So far every time I've stopped in Golden (3 times) I have someone come up to me and ask about the car.

Ok, I've had a few requests so we will plan to have a TESLA lunch on Monday, August 31 in or around Vancouver. The location is still open to suggestions but I have one suggestion of meeting on the South side (close to Burnaby). I'm open to suggestions that work for anyone in Vancouver who can take a lunch on Monday.

Perhaps PM my your details with an email address and/or cell so I can group message from there.

Also looking forward to meeting Beeeeerock in Kamloops - anyone else between Calgary and Vancouver?

attachment.jpg

Not sure why its upside down, but thats the Hope Supercharger. Station 1a and 1b were charging very slow or not at all at that time. Its been fixed since I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure we all wish there was a bit more progress in Western Canada, but for Vancouver area owners it will be great when the Twin Falls, Idaho supercharger is complete, opening up Utah and Colorado. If anyone drives that route, please PM me. I'm planning to make that route part of my spring/summer road trip for 2016. supercharge.info

I really need the Kelowna Supercharger. I was planning to go there just for the day tomorrow (to visit with and drop off supplies for my daughter at UBCO) but there's no way I can do that without a Supercharger there. The only good thing is that Kelowna was never in the plans until recently, so I am pleased that one will eventually be built. But I bet it won't be before the end of the year as stated on the Supercharger Map. Please prove me wrong Tesla! Anyways, by the time it's built this year, I won't be taking my car over the connector until Spring. I'll be taking my Tahoe Hybrid 4X4 that is full of rock chips from the #3 and #5 and that I keep winter tires on all year just for driving that Highway Thru Hell - National Geographic Channel

@Canuck, if you need to the Best Western has an 80amp Tesla HPWC free to use even if not staying. I used it last month and it made the trip possible for me.

Thanks for the info. Very much appreciated.

You can do that drive if you're willing to stop in Merritt. There's a chademo DCFC there, with a sun country cs90 (68 amps) right near to it.

Thanks too. I don't have a chademo adapter but the 68 amps is better than 30 amps which are the ones at the UBCO campus.

Not sure if this was mentioned prior either, but Calgary is due to get a SuperCharger in "2015". I don't recall seeing that icon on the SC web page until 2016. That must mean that a permit has been pulled and construction is pending/started.
Also of note in Western Canada, Trail, BC now has two 80A HPWCs. Really hoping Hwy 3 is built out in Tesla chargers over the next few years. Such a nice drive!!

Thank you Model S owners for making this happen!! Keep on driving :)