Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then all they need is Veg, Lloyd, North Battleford, and you're in Saskatoon from Edmonton. One there, one in Davidson, and you're in Regina. One in Jasper, one in Edson, and now you're really cooking with gas. I wonder if they'll ever go to Prince George or even all the way out to Rupert. Jasper seems pretty reasonable though.

• Love
Reactions: derekasch
In the East, PEI, Cape Breton and Newfoundland won't be getting any love in 2018 either. (We couldn't do this summer's vacation in 2019 in a base Model 3.) So, he shouldn't feel completely alone.
I don't see why you couldn't get to PEI or Cape Breton and then do destination charging - assuming that there will be some destination charging in the future. I go to Cabot Links resort in Inverness on CB on a regular basis. You could easily drive to there from Truro as it is 247km. And don't forget that NS is supposed to be adding L3 chargers, just like the ones that have been added this summer in NB. They are planning on putting in a dozen chargers so you may see one or two on CB island.

But this is supposed to be the Western Canada thread!

With the supercharger page update, it looks like they have precise location of the urban Calgary supercharger. Based on the map, it looks like 11ave and 1st street SE. This location would make sense and there are a bunch of parking lots on that block. Sunterra is close to there but other than that, not a ton of restaurants unless you walk a few blocks.

This location would make sense as an urban SC with all the condo buildings around downtown. But who knows, maybe the map just placed that pin on an arbitrary place downtown. We'll see by end of year, I guess.

In the East, PEI, Cape Breton and Newfoundland won't be getting any love in 2018 either. (We couldn't do this summer's vacation in 2019 in a base Model 3.) So, he shouldn't feel completely alone.
I drove to St. John's, Newfoundland once in an ICE (using the North Sydney->Port aux Basques ferry) and I can assure you it is a long haul and not a popular drive so I doubt that will be a high priority for supercharging. New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, on the other hand could relatively easily be connected to the supercharger highway via Riviere du Loup. Could possibly add one on PEI as well.

I'd be happy that Tesla just finishes or even start on the proposed 2017 Superchargers remaining. No sign of a charger in Sicamous or Tsawwassen yet or expansion at Squamish. Seems very optimistic that they will more than triple what we already have in Canada in one year when they are slow in adding a couple of dozen nationwide in 2017. I hope I'm wrong though.

Do you think a Model X could just pull them out like this jeep does?

That is EXACTLY what I'd do if I were driving a Model X. Although I have the eco-hitch on my Model S, I'd be too afraid to damage bumper doing it. But with a Model X, I'd yank every single one of those vehicles for my Tesla brethren, plug myself in, then call the mall reporting the delinquents that have parked in the middle of the road. Has anyone tried calling a tow company directly? I would think they have the authority to tow vehicles in violation of law (e.g. parking in the middle of the street). How would the owners argue that in court?