Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s the one thing you like the least about your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There doesn't seem to be an actual "alert" but it does show cars in those spots on the screen. I just don't rely on those because the other car has to be very close before it shows, and a faster-moving car could enter that spot in the time between when you look at the screen and the time you make your lane change.

I always check the mirrors and look behind me to make sure there is adequate room to change lanes.

Reactions: WilliamG and alexGS
You might want to check your cellphone's cellular strength, when you find the "phone key" doesn't work.

I never had any issue of opening/closing of my Model-3 using phone key, but have observed that if I have poor cellular reception, the Summon feature either doesn't work or is spotty (Summon get abruptly aborted midways).

Let us know your findings, thanks.
Both my office parking lot and my home has excellent cell signal. However, I do get a vehicle connection error from time to time when I try to check the car with the Tesla app. My iPhone XR is only 5 months old and it’s not loaded with apps. Bluetooth is always on and the Tesla app has full access.
The phone key relies on Bluetooth. I believe it should have nothing to do with cell signal.

Maybe cup inserts would solve one of your issues. I bought a set of each size from Chojin’s son and they work great. Here’s showing the small and large versions.

View attachment 420321

There are people selling a similar product now but usually I see only in one size. The kids’ product offers the two sizes which I find fits Starbucks cups from Short on up.
That console wrap looks great!

That console wrap looks great!

Thanks. It was a brushed black metallic vinyl (forgot the manufacturer maybe 3M but not sure, he had 2 very similar ones in his shop). My installer ran the brushed grain horizontally to match the way the grain of the wood dashboard piece runs. I think that was a good call. Hadn't really thought much about direction. Very happy with it, easy to clean and boy an huge improvement over the piano fingerprint black!

Yeah the center console is a scratch magnet. Even wiping it down with a microfiber WILL leave hairline scratches. Anyway, finally did my wrap from Abstract Ocean, black matrix. Looks pretty good for a first-timer like me at doing it...
uXQfc0GLRXKnJNnOzA0y+g.jpg
sFJXSRLGT%aNycMUX610Sw.jpg

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Too silent... idiots texting on their phones always come at a near miss. Had a Merc bolt through a stop sign thinking no one was coming on their right in the underground public parking lot last night. Need some kind of idiot alerting noise while in parking lots.

The smart phone integration is terrible. My phone fails to connect automatically about 30% of the time with the audio system. Once connected, you need to use the phone screen to navigate. Come on Tesla, even $20K entry level cars have Android Auto and Car Play that is years ahead of this. Its a small complaint, but every time I get into our Chevy Volt (my former car that my son drives now) I realize how much I miss Android Auto and the bulletproof connection protocol.

My #2 gripe is the lack of a heated steering wheel. I got spoiled on this with the Volt, I admit. I love almost everything about the car, but those two issues I find lacking. Oh yeah, the 'trick' emergency interior door handles which all new passengers try to grab first. Those are a bit irritating.