Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s up Elon’s sleeve for AWD and PAWD buyers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have to think there will be something down the line to make these versions , moreso the AWD more special.

I have not taken delivery yet

Speed Unlock?

Adjustments to make the AWD even more efficient. As of now it looks quite a bit less, as more miles get logged and testing I wonder if software can adjust this?

Anyone else?

I take delivery in 10 days hopefully it comes through this time.

There's no competition for the Model 3 at the moment. It's the best EV you can buy at this price range in terms of power/performance, range, safety, self driving driver's assist, and tech. Plus it has the best charging network in the U.S. to support it. I wouldn't expect much more until Porsche and Audi are ready to launch their new EV's in 1-3 years that try to match Model 3's specs.

But ludicrous mode is definitely a possibility on the horizon.

I think efficiency can be improved with time.... how is it that AWD on the other models was more efficient.

This may be updated with some tweaks is my thinking , we will see.

Notice that all LR Model 3s have the same range listed. That obviously isn’t true, so there are some range differences they just aren’t publicizing them to avoid consumer confusion (most likely), or avoid making the more expensive versions look “worse.”

I think Troy has a good spreadsheet that breaks down all of the ranges and efficiencies by config.

Reactions: kbM3
If anything I think he owes it to the LR RWD early adopters. I think an uncorking is due.

This is fair , RWD folks rushed and purchased the model that was first available and some, missed out on dual motor because of this. Plenty are happy with RWD but the posts where some folks mentioned a desire they went for AWD helped my decision to cough up the extra $

Notice that all LR Model 3s have the same range listed. That obviously isn’t true, so there are some range differences they just aren’t publicizing them to avoid consumer confusion (most likely), or avoid making the more expensive versions look “worse.”

I think Troy has a good spreadsheet that breaks down all of the ranges and efficiencies by config.
I would be interested to see if they could in fact tweak the range on the RWD LR because in normal operation, it gets nothing close to the 310 range.

If they uncork one they better uncork all. I didnt pay 11k extra just to have a P that is exactly the same as an AWD with the only difference being an acceleration and top speed number in the software.

I would gladly accept and even pay for a ludicrous mode on the P, as well as more instant torque off the line which seems to be limited right now.