Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What’s up with the listed mileage discrepancies on tesla inventory stock?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same vehicle, different listed ranges.

IMG_4366.png

IMG_4367.png

First one must be a 2023 model. EPA changed the methodology to be more strict for 2024. real world range is unchanged.
Sorry, but this extreme difference in range in not due to any change in methodology. The change in methodology actually have no big difference on the Model S. It did have more of an impact on other models, due to differences on the Model S were almost zero.

The 359 mile range for the second vehicle is clearly a Plaid as the rest of what the website is showing. But 396 mile range for the first vehicle clearly not consistent with it being a Plaid. I agree, the 0-60s time shown makes it look like a Plaid, but there's clearly something messed up with the values on the website for the first vehicle.

Based on the images and stuff, color of brakes etc I’m thinking they fat fingered range but I wouldn’t expect them to be manually entering that info by hand. It would be a “select this box” and auto populates
I don't disagree, but then again, these are old vehicles that snuck in from somewhere. Hard to believe that they have been in inventory this long.

Sorry, but this extreme difference in range in not due to any change in methodology. The change in methodology actually have no big difference on the Model S. It did have more of an impact on other models, due to differences on the Model S were almost zero.

The 359 mile range for the second vehicle is clearly a Plaid as the rest of what the website is showing. But 396 mile range for the first vehicle clearly not consistent with it being a Plaid. I agree, the 0-60s time shown makes it look like a Plaid, but there's clearly something messed up with the values on the website for the first vehicle.
... You realize plenty of us have pre-2024 models and remember what the advertised range was back then, right? I have a 2023 Plaid which was advertised with 396 mile range. For MY2024 the EPA revised the testing methodology which resulted in the Plaid having a drasatically reduced range. The reason the LR did not see much of a change is because Tesla changed the tires in an attempt to keep an above 400 mile rating for the standard S.

You can in fact see those exact numbers on the EPA website: Compare Side-by-Side

Literally everything in this post is wrong.

The 2021-2023 Plaids were EPA rated at 396 miles. In 2024 that was adjusted to 359 due to the EPA cycle changes.

These two cars in question are both clearly Plaids. One is a 2023 and one is a 2024. There is zero difference in real world range or any other range-impacting physical changes. They are the same cars with different EPA ratings.

Last edited:
Literally everything in this post is wrong.

The 2021-2023 Plaids were EPA rated at 396 miles. In 2024 that was adjusted to 359 due to the EPA cycle changes.

These two cars in question are both clearly Plaids. One is a 2023 and one is a 2024. There is zero difference in real world range or any other range-impacting physical changes. They are the same cars with different EPA ratings.

Guessing they listed the wrong wheels. 21” wheels would make that correct I would guess.