Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are the best public charging services and available discounts for someone needs to charge publically for a short while?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title asks; the delivery of my Tesla Model Y draws near and it seems it’s going to be falling this side of the year Q4 2022.

Currently I live in a rented, terraced property but my wife and I have purchased a new build - currently being built which will have a double driveway and already comes preinstalled with a Hypervolt charger…problem is, I don’t expect the house to be ready till the end of January 2023.

I’ll have to charge publicly for around 3 months and I’ve been looking at what the most cost effective way to do that would be.

- As an Octopus Energy customer, I seen that I can get 5% off all Electric Universe (previously Electric Juice) partnered charging networks. I also like that my public charging payments just come through on my energy bill each month.

- I’ve also seen a company called Bonnet who offer a subscription for £2/mo I can get 10% off all the charging networks partnered with them.

So this is just an open ended question to people who might have some knowledge about other services or ways to reduce the cost of charging publicly as much as possible in the situation I’ll be facing.

Solution
Okay all great suggestions. Thank you very much it’s really appreciated.

From all the responses I’ve gathered:

Use apps to find the most convenient charger. Convenience, in this case, will out weigh the pennies saved. Zap Map is a good app to try for this.

Installed Zap Map and found out that a row of chargers outside my gym gives free charging to the gym members! So that’s been an absolute gem :)

Again thank you. Just putting this here to consolidate all the above because I can’t mark them all as correct.