Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are the best tires for the stock 19s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm interested in going from the stock 18s to the stock 19s.

Needing to hear some input as to what tires are the best to wrap the 19s in?

In order of priority, I'm looking for:
1) Good daily driving traction
2) Good wear
3) As quiet as the stock 18s

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2) Good wear

Model 3 19” Sport Wheel and Summer Tire Package

Featuring Hankook Ventus S1 evo 3 tires, this 19" summer package delivers ultra-quiet noise performance and excellent handling. Like all summer tires, they are not designed for near-freezing temperatures, including snow or ice.

If you are looking for an all-season vs a summer tire, I recently put on a set of Michelin pilot sport a/s 3+. They don’t make them in a direct size fit, but do have a 245 available that fits the 19” rim with only a small speedometer offset. Discount tire had no issues installing them for me, the size was listed as compatible in their system.

I can’t say how they compare to the stock 18”s, but they are quieter than the stock Continentals on the 19”s. And a much better option than any of the all seasons that come in the stock 235 size.

Reactions: Bill Foster

2) Good wear

I should mention that I live in North Texas. Aside the possible 2-3 months of "freezing" temps, it's usually hot.

If you are looking for an all-season vs a summer tire, I recently put on a set of Michelin pilot sport a/s 3+. They don’t make them in a direct size fit, but do have a 245 available that fits the 19” rim with only a small speedometer offset. Discount tire had no issues installing them for me, the size was listed as compatible in their system.

I can’t say how they compare to the stock 18”s, but they are quieter than the stock Continentals on the 19”s. And a much better option than any of the all seasons that come in the stock 235 size.

Seeing that you're in sunny CA. Are those all seasons better in terms of traction over the stock 19 tires you had?

I can't compare them to other A/S tires, but I have the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my BMW M235. It's not that far off the Pilot Super Sports summer's in terms of grip but they do feel a little 'greasy' at the limits. I like them overall. I've only had them for a short time and I am parting ways with the car so I can't offer any no long term durability feedback.

Someone on this forum has mentioned Pirelli P7+ as a good alternative for better efficiency & wear: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...CP7ASPXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I have the 19s on my car and am not in love with the OEM all seasons, especially since I have a separate set of winter tires.

Ill be getting some PS4S, but still trying to figure out if I should figure out how to install the foam into the tires.

Seeing that you're in sunny CA. Are those all seasons better in terms of traction over the stock 19 tires you had?

I like them better, but I am also not a performance driver by any means, so it's not like I am out carving the corners pushing the limits or anything. Doesn't rain here, so I can't really speak to wet traction. Former Arlington TX resident, BTW, so I get not wanting summer tires for those ice storms.

We do get enough below freezing mornings here (teens and 20s) that I am leery of doing summer tires year round, so I figure these are the next best option.

I have the 19s on my car and am not in love with the OEM all seasons, especially since I have a separate set of winter tires.

Ill be getting some PS4S, but still trying to figure out if I should figure out how to install the foam into the tires.
From other posts, people say the foam doesnt seem to make a huge difference.

And yes to PS4's. Great tires.

Reactions: Park2670