Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are your fun and exciting hobbies?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bored out of my mind waiting to buy a model S and looking for something fun to get into. What fun and exciting hobbies are you into? Some of my current and former hobbies - Guitar/bass, PC gaming, Surfing, Snowboarding, Motorcycles, Judo, Mountain biking, and weight lifting. Things Ive considered- Kiteboarding, wind surfing, drones, and 4 wheelers/side by sides.

Jetskiing: (me on Yellow ski). Used to race in WA years ago.
ViizNgQ.jpg

Boomsticks: As a hobby (and a lifestyle), I kinda dig the 2A and own WA's largest firearm forum.
oeiJOyy.jpg

I enjoy going on a trail adventure with my friends using a 2018 Ford F-150 Raptor. Last year I was busy modifying it, I bought a couple of car accessories from stores like 4wheelonline to improve his off-road performance.
I used to ride trails with friends in high school. We'd go back into the woods to smoke weed because cops couldnt follow us lol. Wife just bought a 2021 4runner venture. We got a leveling kit put on but I wouldnt dare take it on a trail. She'd kill me lol

Reactions: jbuenavides
I've been watching Jet ski racing videos on youtube, that looks awesome and hella fun! How long did you do that for?

About 4 years. 1200 Limited Class (99' Seadoo XPL, 2-stroke 951cc with all sorts of mods). It's addicting for sure. I had, at one point, 14 skis. Race, backup race, surf, lake, loaners, etc. The ski in the photo above is the last one I have. 2004 Seadoo RXP with a RIVA Stage 2 kit and some other small mods. Mid 70's ski and gets to 60 in a little over 3 seconds (beats my Model X)....

Here is the photo of my main race setup, during a Region III Championship race in Sammamish, WA (I took 3rd).
j3KVhPK.jpg

Reactions: UltradoomY
Oddly, I do Tesla Supercharger Hunting (touch every Supercharger site):

I retired at 54 and then bought a Tesla and it's been a good way to play with my car AND travel to places I would never otherwise think of going. As more superchargers are added it connects places between them that are remote and often beautiful. There are guys who have hit all 1000 Supercharger sites, not me. But I have cleared the West Coast a few times. Been to several Tesla Meets in the process.

While in Colorado years ago I used to go on week long bicycle rides 70 miles a day in the mountains going over mountain passes as high as 12,000 feet - coming down the other side at speeds approaching 60 mph on those skinny road tires with all of the curves... Challenging physically and requiring a lot of focus on those downhills. Oh, and we slept in tents and even though it was summer the temperatures at night could get down close to freezing. Hey, I called it fun!

In our current location I just don't trust the drivers the way I felt I could in Colorado so I have limited myself to dogs, cats, geese, fish and parrots as pets, 4 acres of lawn, trees, shrubs, perennials and a lot of vegetables plus 8 acres of woods to explore and just enjoy and a half acre pond and various forms of exercising including 5 mile walks, rowing and weights.
Fun? yes. As well as a lot of work but the accomplishments are very satisfying. Exciting? Probably not to most but, to me, fulfilling.

Reactions: Darmie and FastDoc
Oddly, I do Tesla Supercharger Hunting (touch every Supercharger site):

I retired at 54 and then bought a Tesla and it's been a good way to play with my car AND travel to places I would never otherwise think of going. As more superchargers are added it connects places between them that are remote and often beautiful. There are guys who have hit all 1000 Supercharger sites, not me. But I have cleared the West Coast a few times. Been to several Tesla Meets in the process.
Congratulations on the early retirement!

I don't normally think of it as a "hobby," rather as an activity, but my most fun thing is outrigger canoe paddling. Since you surf, I presume you're at or near the ocean. You might want to check to see if there's an outrigger canoe club in your area. Once upon a time this was strictly a Polynesian thing, but there are now outrigger canoe clubs all over the place.

There's recreational paddling (just for fun), there's racing, and there's long-distance voyaging. It's suitable for the whole family, except maybe the long-distance voyaging, which might not be advisable for small children. But even very young kids can participate in recreational paddling and racing. There is racing here for all ages, from very young to very old.

I fell in love with outrigger canoe paddling the first time I ever did it, while visiting Hawai'i's Big Island. Preferences differ, but I find outrigger canoes to be easier on the body than kayak paddling (which I have done in the past).

Reactions: Unobtanium