Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are your options if your Tesla M3 gets stolen? And features I would like to see.

mikeB87

Tesla Canadian Dad (YouTube)
Jul 31, 2019
Ottawa
Features I would love to see:

-> Remotely turn on PIN to Drive from your phone
-> Force the car to park from your phone. I know their's security concerns here.

Even though Tesla's are on a list of least stolen cars. I wouldn't mind having even more peace of mind with a few extra features. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeB87

Tesla Canadian Dad (YouTube)
Jul 31, 2019
Ottawa
I'm sorry, but this video is click-bait, and I can't deal with click-bait (also, nicely played to make it 10:01 to get the extra ad revenue for >10-min videos).

I don't get add revenue as I don't have any monetized videos this is just FOR FUN.

People ask me all the time what I CAN do if it's stolen from the app. I was curious. Man oh man.

Reactions: tvad

Mr. Big

Oct 23, 2019
SoCal
I'm sorry, but this video is click-bait, and I can't deal with click-bait (also, nicely played to make it 10:01 to get the extra ad revenue for >10-min videos).
"... smash that Like button and leave a comment below!'
Thanks for the clickbait warning, I didn't watch and will never watch a video from that YouTuber.

tvad

Jun 30, 2019
California
I don't get add revenue as I don't have any monetized videos this is just FOR FUN.

People ask me all the time what I CAN do if it's stolen from the app. I was curious. Man oh man.
It can be rough around here. Guilty until proven innocent. "Photos or it didn't happen" kind of nonsense. I tend to believe people at their word. It's my upbringing. Hope I'm right in this case.

Nevertheless, @ecarfan has made the rule clear, and "The Dude Abides"...

focher

Oct 15, 2013
Bay Area
I arrived after the video link was removed, so I'll just treat the thread as interesting absent the clickbait.

1. Ability to force the car to pull over safely and lock all doors.

2. Enable a big countdown timer on the screen that says "car is being remotely stopped in 2 minutes", with the countdown showing to the driver.

3. Activate the camera above the rearview mirror.

4. Initiate a video call to the thief over the LTE to taunt them, muttering "Oh yeah, here come the police." and "I see you." in the most Lord of the Rings Sauron voice possible.

5. Ability to remote force the playback - at the loudest possible volume - of various prison-themed songs.

• Funny
Reactions: tvad and wenkan

Matezz

Aug 7, 2019
Beaumont, TX
New button on the Tesla app:
Stolen
To engage all the good stuff you mentioned like remote interior camera and also chill mode, annoyingly loud sounds from the speaker system, speed limit (gradually to 0), sentry upload to our tesla account
Once the perp exits the vehicle, summon it back to us

Nov 6, 2019
glorious Galt CA
1. Disable steering wheel facebomb. If you're belted, you won't travel far enough to touch the wheel.
2. Remove bag from facebomb.
3. Fill void with dimes, carpet tacks, broken razor blades and broken Coke bottle glass.
4. Add button to phone app, labeled, "Eat THIS, thief!"
5. Savor.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC