Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What car awards: Model 3 #1 but model Y #10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022-05-14_14-34-16.png

Everything including Skoda and Kia Soul beat model Y. Why such hatred towards model Y.

i just wonder, how, apart of size and weight, it's different from M3?

So you haven't then, or you'd already know.

It's a got a hatch-style boot which leads to considerably more space. More room in the back of the car for passengers. Higher driving position. Harsher ride than the Model 3.

Your statement basically suggests that a Renault Zoe is the same as a Model 3.

Today's usage figure from a model Y. 225 Wh/mile (4.46 miles/kWh). Let's find another SUV that can match such an efficiency.

View attachment 805924
225wh/mi took some hard work on someone’s part.
I think it's as much about the difference between the M3 and the MY. For the M3 to be No1 overall but the MY to be 10th in SUVs either they really really hate the suspension or it seems to make no sense. And if they hate it that much then that's a bit worrying ( I have one on order). I appreciate some people here have agreed that the suspension is that bad so maybe it is fair enough but its definitely worthy of a discussion.
It also speak volumes about how the M3, at its previousx5 price, was and is the ev to own in that parenthetical price range. I feel like the Model Y could/should be offered with air suspension as a ~$1,500-$2,000 option. It would be a game changer for comfort, even for range, and of course for better ground clearance when you need it. Bring on the $75,000 Model Y

Reactions: roadcred
So you haven't then, or you'd already know.

It's a got a hatch-style boot which leads to considerably more space. More room in the back of the car for passengers. Higher driving position. Harsher ride than the Model 3.

Your statement basically suggests that a Renault Zoe is the same as a Model 3.
so... size. ok, gotcha.

no, m3 over zoe have different things, i.e. charging speed, interior, performance, all multimedia and stuff.

what I really see in Y is just bigger model 3. higher, ok, different boot shape (yay!!!), but internally, it looks the same.

dunno, just my 2p

I think it's as much about the difference between the M3 and the MY. For the M3 to be No1 overall but the MY to be 10th in SUVs either they really really hate the suspension or it seems to make no sense. And if they hate it that much then that's a bit worrying ( I have one on order). I appreciate some people here have agreed that the suspension is that bad so maybe it is fair enough but its definitely worthy of a discussion.
The Suspension is terrible the car was rushed out the door

225wh/mi took some hard work on someone’s part.

It also speak volumes about how the M3, at its previousx5 price, was and is the ev to own in that parenthetical price range. I feel like the Model Y could/should be offered with air suspension as a ~$1,500-$2,000 option. It would be a game changer for comfort, even for range, and of course for better ground clearance when you need it. Bring on the $75,000 Model Y
Screenshot_2022-05-23-19-44-45-066_io.tessie.app.jpg

It's all in the foot. On a warm day, a chill drive uses ~200Wh/mi most of the time.

View attachment 807889
It's all in the foot. On a warm day, a chill drive uses ~200Wh/mi most of the time.
141% efficiency over 1.3 miles as a proof text for 168wh/mi… hmmm. Above 100% efficiency means you’re on a negative slope, unless you’re supplying 41% of the energy used in real time.

When I drive home one-way from Red Box to Pasadena, it’s several thousand feet elevation loss, and I gain several kWh en route. If you didn’t look at my kWh used to get up there, you’d think my car has infinite range, as in exceeding 100% efficiency.

We all have the same handful of cars and there’s this standout group who claims to supersede all previous estimates and physics and even logic itself. With a MY, M3, Bolt, i3, MS in the household and spouses household, if I believed the stuff I read from forum users I’d have all the cars in service to achieve the same. There’s always a catch, though. 141% efficiency or 20mph top speed or driving down a slope. Meh.

Reactions: browellm
141% efficiency over 1.3 miles as a proof text for 168wh/mi… hmmm. Above 100% efficiency means you’re on a negative slope, unless you’re supplying 41% of the energy used in real time.

When I drive home one-way from Red Box to Pasadena, it’s several thousand feet elevation loss, and I gain several kWh en route. If you didn’t look at my kWh used to get up there, you’d think my car has infinite range, as in exceeding 100% efficiency.

We all have the same handful of cars and there’s this standout group who claims to supersede all previous estimates and physics and even logic itself. With a MY, M3, Bolt, i3, MS in the household and spouses household, if I believed the stuff I read from forum users I’d have all the cars in service to achieve the same. There’s always a catch, though. 141% efficiency or 20mph top speed or driving down a slope. Meh.
It's an example. I didn't take the same route for the return journey, unfortunately. Previously, I had a Nissan Leaf and must have taken that route a lot of times and never even once saw that kind of usage figure.

Reactions: BostonBurley