Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What coverage do you get via Tesla Insurance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I see, if you login to your account on the Tesla website and select purchase insurance, there will be a page that has the quote. There's an area near the bottom left where it shows a picture of your car and a link on the right that says "Edit Coverage". Clicking on the link takes you to the various limits that you can change and it will update the rate once you make the changes.

Why would you want to buy auto from Tesla? Why not bundle it with your Umbrella and Homeowners? You'll get a better overall price.

Besides, I'm guessing that if you make a claim, their service will be terrible. They make good cars, not sell insurance.

Depends on your scenario. Maybe you don't save at all with Tesla Insurance with your bundles, but not everyone is the same case as you.

Reactions: YankeeClipper
sorry....per MONTH, not year.
$140 x 12 = $1,680 (of savings per year). My premium in NYS (read: insurance, like everything else, is expensive) for auto, with $1,000.00 deductible on the collision is something like $900.00/year. Thus, my premium from someone other than TSLA in NYS would have to be higher than $2,780 before I would even consider buying auto insurance from TSLA. I realize auto insurance in California is expensive, but I doubt it's that high. Even if it is that high, good luck on any claim made on your auto insurance from a car manufacturer/dealer.

• Disagree
Reactions: SageBrush
it's not even CLOSE to "a better price"

I saved close to 140 bucks a year with Tesla insurance.

And what happened to your home and umbrella when you started to buy insurance "unbundled"? Did you compare those costs? Insurance companies make their money on auto insurance, not the home and umbrella, so if you take your auto insurance business to TSLA, State Farm (or whoever) will goose your home and umbrella.

• Disagree
Reactions: SageBrush
And what happened to your home and umbrella when you started to buy insurance "unbundled"? Did you compare those costs? Insurance companies make their money on auto insurance, not the home and umbrella, so if you take your auto insurance business to TSLA, State Farm (or whoever) will goose your home and umbrella.
More facts, less gas

I've checked my progressive insurance home+auto premium in NM. The bundling saves me $35 a year.

Reactions: YankeeClipper