Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you name your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I felt exactly the same way when I first picked up my TM3 LR AWD in Portland last September and silently slipped by many gas stations on the way home to Bend. Oh, the joy! That is, until returning from a recent road trip to the Bay area. Heading north on I-5, I had an indicated buffer of 80 miles to make it to the SC in Mount Shasta. Unfortunately, the estimated range ticked down much faster than the actual miles, forcing me to slow to an agonizing 50 mph (while semis blew past me). My former glee turned to envy with every gas station I passed. And with three miles left to go on the final uphill (!) stretch to Mount Shasta, my battery hit zero. Somehow we limped into the SC, and while it still feels good to pass by gas stations, I'm now much more realistic about my chosen mode of transportation.

Wife's Model 3 is "Teslatina". My Model S is "Happy Intruder" after the A-6E that I flew in the Marine Corps....This is because this aircraft was second only to the B-52 when it come to bomb payload.....The A6's nick name is "Happy Intruder" because it can....."penetrate deeper....linger longer.....and drop a bigger load".....

• Funny
Reactions: bijan
A very long time ago, when I was driving the Zap Xebra (for reference, Tesla was developing the Roadster at the time) I had a friend who named his cars. So I decided to name my Xebra Yvette, for E[lectric] [Cor]vette. Forget zero to 60. The car couldn't do 60. It did zero to 35 in about 31 seconds.

But I was never comfortable calling my car by a proper name. So I quit. I didn't name my Roadster and I have not named my Model 3. I briefly played with the idea of naming it George. William Herschel, the discoverer of the planet Uranus (or was it Neptune? I think it was Uranus) wanted to name it George's Star, for King George, but the astronomical society wouldn't let him. So poor old crazy King George didn't get a planet named after him. Seemed only fair to name a car after him instead, except that I was never really into naming cars.

So the name George is still available if anybody wants to use it.