Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you sell/trade for your 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A 2022 Kia EV6 Wind. Got a very lightly used (sub 4k miles) 2021 M3P at a good price. The EV6 was nice but lack of updates and battery pre-conditioning was garbage. Also there isn't much an aftermarket for customization like there is with Tesla's. So far, I have absolutely no regrets with my decision.

Sold my 2019 M3 SR+ to Carmax and ordered a 2021 M3LR. No regrets! I enjoy the upgrades and the extra range. My only real complaint with Tesla is the phantom breaking which has resulted in my wife refusing to ride anywhere with me if I try to use autopilot. Long drives are much more tedious without AP.

Reactions: TimTam
Sold a 2019 M3SR+ for $8K more than we paid. Bought a 2022 M3LR and within two weeks bought acceleration boost and decent tires (the MXM4s are so bad). Would do it again in an instant, although with the M3P much cheaper nowadays, I might get that instead (and dump the 20” wheels at the first opportunity).

Prior to the M3SR+ we took over a lease on an i3 after Volkswagen bought back our diesel convertible Beetle (again for more than we paid). I knew I wanted an electric car but couldn’t justify an M3P in 2017, and that’s all they were selling. The i3 was a piece of *sugar*, of course. BMW wanted more to buy out the lease than an M3SR+ cost, so we laughed loudly and bought a train ticket to pick up the M3SR+ in Chicago (back then, Tesla could not deliver cars in Michigan).

Ironically, while cooling our heels on the day we arrived to pick up the M3SR+, we went to the museum of science & technology (sales lady comped us an Uber while taking care of an issue that resulted in a free set of 19” wheels), and there was an exhibit of an original 1900 edition electric car alongside a Tesla Roadster. Good omen? Either way, I’ve always been surprised and delighted by Tesla sales & service, I hope that doesn’t change. Our mobile service guy (“Tony the Tesla Tech”) had about 2000 stock options, so he and his wife retired after cashing them out. Fun times for all!

2023 M3P will be delivered this Friday. A pretty big change from my 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

1.jpg

Reactions: TimTam
Sorry if already posted before. Just curious what others have sold/traded for their model 3 and how they are enjoying the 3 vs their old vehicle.

I’m coming from a 2018 VW GTI. Haven’t taken delivery yet, but am sure I will love my 3 way more!
2022 Kia EV6 that I purchased 7 months earlier. The EV6 was an amazing car with lots of pluses. I just wish I would have bought the Tesla to begin with. Love my M3.

Reactions: cbigfoot
2022 Honda Civic Si - a wonderful car in the twisties, and practicaly to boot, but I got an offer from CarMax I couldn't refuse at the same time as I realized I could get $10,000 in tax rebates for a Tesla.

I'll replace it eventually with something cool while the Tesla goes on full daily duty. BMW 135? New Supra? Gonna be fun!

Attachments

• DSC_0394.jpg
    DSC_0394.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 38
2012 X5 Diesel. A beast in everyway 240k and could still pull a house. I do not like the current price of diesel and had nothing left to pull.

I didnt trade it, sold it for a mint...because they are hard to find.

If I had enough room, I would have kept it alongside '23 M3RWD.

Reactions: unhyphy
2023 Mini SE. Loved that car! I had just bought it a few months before I sold it. The biggest shortfall was the range, but I knew that when I bought it. When Tesla lowered their prices on the M3, I started working the numbers. I sold the Mini SE for a $4,500 profit (including the federal tax credit and local rebates) and bought an existing inventory M3 LR. Fantastic car and definitely no range anxiety.

Reactions: 3YMimi73