Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you dislike most about your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that I've had the car for 2 weeks....

1) No SiriusXM satrad or even a native streaming app.
2) No explanation as to why phone could honk the horn or flash lights but car would not unlock anything NOR would the RFID key work - had to call Tesla for a remote unlock.
3) Rear view mirror not being motorized wouldnt' seem unusual if it weren't for Driver Profiles adjusting everything else.

I *love* the fact that I have to be THIS picky!

Blind spot visibility. I'm having a really hard time adjusting to this.

This is my pet peeve as well. I would be ok with the physical layout of the car if there was a good blind spot warning system on the screen. Hopefully an OTA update will fix that some day. With the cameras and other sensors it seems there should be enough data to put together real blind spot warnings.

Reactions: RBowen and F_T_K
On the whole, this car is the best I've ever owned, easily eclipsing my tuned BMW M3 in terms of performance, fun and refinement. There are just a few minor quibbles that really don't matter all that much.

- I wish the frunk had a power close. Yes it would have added some complexity and cost but I HATE pushing down on the hood
- I wish that the car could ID the phone of the driver and adjust the seats automatically (this will probably be a software update)
- I wish that when playing music off USB, it would remember the song you were on after turning off the car (this will probably be a software update)
- I wish you could have the map up and the backup view cam at the same time, like in the Model S. The aspect ratio of the screen doesn't lend itself as well but I'd like the option.

I'm struggling to think of anything else...

- I wish that when playing music off USB, it would remember the song you were on after turning off the car (this will probably be a software update)

Yes, I have been asking for that one. But over time, I have found that it does occasionally resume USB playback. It just seems very 'buggy' and switches to some other source (usually phone) more than it resumes.

REQUEST TO TESLA: CONTINUE USB PLAYBACK ON RESTART

I really love the car (handling, comfort, exterior/interior design - VIN 202xx). The following improvements should hopefully arrive soon via OTA updates:
1) Blind Spot Warning. I really don't understand why it's not available yet on the 3. It should be a priority.
2) I have an Iphone 6 and it doesn't always unlock the car even when my phone is out of my pocket.
3) People are complaining that the quality of the sound during phone calls is not adequate when I talk.
4) Enhanced Voice Controls

Reactions: RBowen
Yes, I have been asking for that one. But over time, I have found that it does occasionally resume USB playback. It just seems very 'buggy' and switches to some other source (usually phone) more than it resumes.

REQUEST TO TESLA: CONTINUE USB PLAYBACK ON RESTART
I find the the 18.3 software update has it pretty reliably resuming USB playback, though sometimes it takes awhile as it still erratically re-indexes the drive. The only times it doesn't seem to resume properly are if a door other than the drivers (which bizarrely includes the trunk) gets opened and closed before the drivers door is opened. Something there causes the whole system to hiccup, but I've found it is a short trip and I don't get around to restarting the music manually, the next time I get in it does successfully restart from where it was last playing.

Blind spot monitoring like I've had on my Mazdas, one as old as a 2013. Where it provides a visual and audio indicator if I have a turn signal on. I'll still look, but this allows me to keep my eyes fwd more. If I can have two complaints, no seat cooler like from my 2006 Lexus. Obviously the tech is there, but without these two features for me, the M3 feels outdated.

for me, the #1 issue is that the car looks so nice, and Tesla and the Model 3 have been the objects of such an enormous amount of slinging of bs mud meant to rile people up, I have concerns about leaving it parked in public places.

I do agree with some of the points in the thread, but, that's my #1 issue by a good margin.

Reactions: 0ptions
Did you try the old Model S camper mode trick (from before it became a real feature)? You know, putting the car in neutral and engaging the parking brake via the touch screen? Disadvantage to this approach is that it doesn't work while plugged in.

AFAIK, the only way to engage parking brake is by pressing right stalk push button. Also opening any door engages parking. Either way it cancels out drive mode and neutral.
I actually even tried sleeping in unfolded driver seat. The HVAC eventually turned off even then.
The one thing I did not try is buckling in safety belt to fool the car to stay in "N".

Blind spot visibility. I'm having a really hard time adjusting to this.

make sure to follow correct procedure for adjusting side mirrors to eliminate blind spots on left/right sides
For many years Up until some one pointed me out to that procedure I was setting them to see sides of my car from central head position and had then to turn my head left/right to make sure no one drives on either side slightly behind. before changing lanes.
Once I taught myself to set mirrors the correct way I never looked back (pun intended).
I must say in Model 3 I can not fully extend left side mirror to make it perfect. Even when it's turned outward the most I still see too much of my left car side when my head is touching left window.

make sure to follow correct procedure for adjusting side mirrors to eliminate blind spots on left/right sides
For many years Up until some one pointed me out to that procedure I was setting them to see sides of my car from central head position and had then to turn my head left/right to make sure no one drives on either side slightly behind. before changing lanes.
Once I taught myself to set mirrors the correct way I never looked back (pun intended).
I must say in Model 3 I can not fully extend left side mirror to make it perfect. Even when it's turned outward the most I still see too much of my left car side when my head is touching left window.

Agree. I've been adjusting side mirrors like this for years, and it works well. I, too, was annoyed I couldn't get the left mirror to fully extend but it's close enough that it still works.

Reactions: mekberg

I have my mirrors adjusted this way on my cars for years, but still think an indicator light on the mirror would have been such an easy solution for Tesla to implement and would reduce the # of accidents with drivers operating the car that don't know what many of my friends refer to as the "track" setup for the side mirrors.

Kind of crazy that Tesla skimped a few bucks on mirrors with side traffic indicators when those features are standard on Kias and Mazdas now.

Blind spot monitoring like I've had on my Mazdas, one as old as a 2013. Where it provides a visual and audio indicator if I have a turn signal on. I'll still look, but this allows me to keep my eyes fwd more. If I can have two complaints, no seat cooler like from my 2006 Lexus. Obviously the tech is there, but without these two features for me, the M3 feels outdated.
Ok, so Elon's tweet addressed blind spot monitoring. Cool, 1 complaint down, 1 to go.

The shockingly bad phone integration. My 2006 Prius could browse the music from my phone, and my old Scion would read incoming text messages to me with text to speech. I have a ton of music on my phone, and I never even considered that the Model 3 wouldn’t have full support for it.

• Love
Reactions: voip-ninja