Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you dislike most about your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Coming back to add two related dislikes:

1. The paint is every bit as soft and easily chipped as people say.

2. Although I don't actively dislike Midnight Silver, I didn't actually *like* any of the color choices. A good bright blue would have been so nice, but the current blue is too dark and boring under most light.

Reactions: cbutters
Coming back to add two related dislikes:
2. Although I don't actively dislike Midnight Silver, I didn't actually *like* any of the color choices. A good bright blue would have been so nice, but the current blue is too dark and boring under most light.

THIS!!!!

That is literally my chief complaint. To my eyes, the Deep Blue Metallic verges on nearly purple. Its blue under direct light and only in certain angles. The rest of the time its borderline dark Navy. My coworker has a Model 3 in Deep Blue -- I was set on ordering mine in blue until I saw it.

I know complaining about the color is somewhat trivial, but to be honest the car drives well and functions as intended (I rented it) so to me the color is the main "upset".

I like MSM, but I'm verging on Red. Even the Red isn't truly "Red" -- its more Burgundy, which works though because a hot red would make it look kitsch in my opinion. I'm seeing more and more white in L.A. and beginning to like it more though. So i'm having great difficulty in making a color choice. That being said, I agree that I don't *love* any of the colors. It would be great if Tesla had the selection of Audi or BMW but obviously they're a relatively new company so options like this are not priority.

Stevejust posted this fantastic blue wrap (photo below) on another thread (https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/colored-protective-wrap.106892/).
I'm highly considering doing this... but to put down another 3-5k on a wrap that will only last 2-4 years. Idk. This or a similar OEM color would have been AMAZING on the Model 3's body.

blue.jpg

THIS!!!!

That is literally my chief complaint. To my eyes, the Deep Blue Metallic verges on nearly purple. Its blue under direct light and only in certain angles. The rest of the time its borderline dark Navy. My coworker has a Model 3 in Deep Blue -- I was set on ordering mine in blue until I saw it.

I know complaining about the color is somewhat trivial, but to be honest the car drives well and functions as intended (I rented it) so to me the color is the main "upset".

I like MSM, but I'm verging on Red. Even the Red isn't truly "Red" -- its more Burgundy, which works though because a hot red would make it look kitsch in my opinion. I'm seeing more and more white in L.A. and beginning to like it more though. So i'm having great difficulty in making a color choice. That being said, I agree that I don't *love* any of the colors. It would be great if Tesla had the selection of Audi or BMW but obviously they're a relatively new company so options like this are not priority.

Stevejust posted this fantastic blue wrap (photo below) on another thread (https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/colored-protective-wrap.106892/).
I'm highly considering doing this... but to put down another 3-5k on a wrap that will only last 2-4 years. Idk. This or a similar OEM color would have been AMAZING on the Model 3's body.

View attachment 300170

Aw mannnnnnn that looks amazing. Yeah I couldn't bring myself to spend the money for a wrap (though I do wish I'd gotten PPF on the front end…), and I've always wanted a blue car but I've only owned black, white and grey because nobody ever offers a good shade of blue when I'm in the market!

Reactions: Scrutmonkey
The phone periodically not connecting via bluetooth is a bit irritating... I found disabling/enabling bluetooth as I approach seems to do the trick for the time being. Right now, not a big deal because I find myself already starting up AC to compensate for this heat wave my region is seeing.

1. Bumpy ride.
2. Noisy at highway speed
3. Interior lights are too dim - and a little uninspired
4. Went too far with all controls on the screen. Model S was really an excellent balance.

Overall a very nice ride, but it could be so much better.

I guess camper mode it not yet implemented in the UI. I tried sleeping in the car (in my garage) and could not find a way to make AC work other than keep one of the doors crack-open but then it also lowers window in that door.
Did you try the old Model S camper mode trick (from before it became a real feature)? You know, putting the car in neutral and engaging the parking brake via the touch screen? Disadvantage to this approach is that it doesn't work while plugged in.

• Informative
Reactions: DR61