Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you enjoy most about driving your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New one for me - receiving paper letters from the police congratulating me on how fast I drive! They even ask for my autograph!

(Slip of mind early in the morning going through a 30-40-50 within 100m - I missed the 40 bit :/ - this car picks up speed to quickly sometimes)

Just did my speed awareness course this morning for similar reasons! It is staggeringly difficult to stay at 30mph and with such acceleration, if you mis / mis-judge speed limits, it's too easy to be caught out.

I have the opposite problem. My mother is in bad health and will probably pass on soon. My brother died homeless in a van with his dog which I adopted and love but he reminds me of him every day. I witnessed my dad die and did CPR on him (I'm a medic). When I finally got the car two weeks ago I felt guilty at having it and have tried to enjoy it the few times I have driven it but I just can't. My mom is too old to really appreciate it though I have taken her for a few rides in it. I know it's silly. Call it survivor's guilt but I thought it would be more fun than it is. It's just no fun when there's no one to share it with.

It's just no fun when there's no one to share it with.

That's tough. At the risk of being too heavy for this forum, I have 2 comments.

We all have the same right to have fun. Sounds like you have earned it more than many and you could say from a life perspective that if some of your close contacts weren't able / lucky enough to have their fun, then they have left their quota to you.

2nd - it makes no sense to drive yourself to the toughest scenario (they didn't enjoy life so I don't have the right to either'). But you are dead right that we do have an obligation imo to try and share our good fortune / successes / high points with others who we care about. Of course it may be the car just doesn't do it for you, but it is OK to enjoy life if and when you can.

driving at 10mph is just as nice as 70mph

That is one of my key considerations when deciding if I really like a car. Speed can always bring an adrenaline rush. Same throwing the car around a track. But we don't get to do these things much / all of the time, so making being in the car and travelling... any speed.... something special is very important - and my MS does a good job with it.

To draw a negative from the ability to beat a boy racer, I am finding it’s getting me into duals that I really should be avoiding. Shooting off at traffic lights and booting it on an A road as someone tried to tailgate me.

Reactions: Jez_GB
I have the opposite problem. My mother is in bad health and will probably pass on soon. My brother died homeless in a van with his dog which I adopted and love but he reminds me of him every day. I witnessed my dad die and did CPR on him (I'm a medic). When I finally got the car two weeks ago I felt guilty at having it and have tried to enjoy it the few times I have driven it but I just can't. My mom is too old to really appreciate it though I have taken her for a few rides in it. I know it's silly. Call it survivor's guilt but I thought it would be more fun than it is. It's just no fun when there's no one to share it with.
I have never been in your position but I bet it's really hard and feel for you and hope you get through it :)

Why not try and turn the feeling of the car on its head and look at what you are promoting. Green driving, teaching younger ones that transport does not need to burn fuel. Comment, share your frustration/love about the car here and on other forums etc. Have a go at a few mods to give your self satisfaction in completing it (center console wrap to name a few).

You learn so much about the car and everything around it that I have never done before with a car before.

I believe that the car it self is not the bit that has all the fun but everything around it including the community that completes this fun :)

• Love
In what way? I'm in the UK.
The way they have crippled the technology.
  1. Limits on auto-summon. Must be within about 2-3m of the car. Pointless.
  2. Auto-lane change. Cancels within 5 seconds if change not made causing the car to swerve back into the original lane. Outright dangerous.
  3. 15 Second autopilot nag. Longer in the States.
More and more new features are really of use only in the USA because of the stipulations here. If you’re bored try Googling “Europe crippling Tesla autopilot”.

Auto-lane change. Cancels within 5 seconds if change not made causing the car to swerve back into the original lane. Outright dangerous.

This is one of the most ridiculous. The 5 seconds has me on tenterhooks until the lane change is completed. So many times the car is just about to cross the lane marker and decides to abort. It is dangerous in the extreme and a perfect example of regulation achieving the polar opposite of what was intended.

Reactions: Durzel and Jez_GB
The acceleration is probably the most enjoyable thing, especially after switching off "chill mode" (used it for the first month.) It goes like a rocket if you want/need it to but at the same time travelling at slow speeds is pretty effortless, though yes it is a bit too easy to go faster than you intend.

Safety features like early collision warning - I tend to be alert anyway but it's nice to have as a backup.

Autopilot and autosteer - I don't use them much but I've been quite impressed with them. Autosteer nags are a bit annoying - might as well also expect us to have our feet on the pedals for autopilot!

With the recent amount of sun - being able to charge a few % from solar power via my zappi charger. Just a shame I have nothing besides supermarket visits to use the charge on!

at the beginning:
- touching the car which I had waited for 2.5 years, listen to 30 mins of music after arriving
- people keep asking "how to open the bloody door?"
- smooth driving, acceleration, quite, auto pilot

now (14 months later):
- The "whistle" of the electrical current as it accelerates
- Play with the regen-bar when I need to reduce some speed
- checking if the cheap paint is scratched after each car wash