Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you have in your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both of our Tesla's have:
* Blackvue 2 channel dashcam
* Extra lighting for the trunk (actually used the leftover wires from the dashcam + $8 set of 4 ultra bright LEDs). Even on the car with PUP the truck is too dark as it comes.
* 12V high power USB charger

On mine, I added (things my wife didn't care to have):
* Stinger VIP dual antenna radar detector + laser jammer
* Tinted windows

I want to get the Blackvue as well but not sure if I want to install myself.

Just got these yesterday:

Amazon.com: CAMTOA 2PCS Car Neck Pillow (Soft Version) Lovely Breathe Car Auto Head Neck Rest Cushion Headrest Pillow Pad (Black): Home & Kitchen

61mXhz2yY8L._SL1200_.jpg

I have lots of things in my car, most of which I have found very useful.

Rola 59001 Rigid Base Trunk Organizer - I have two of these. It fits perfectly into the hidden area in the trunk and works great there. I have a separate one in the main area of the trunk as well and it works great for keeping things from sliding around. If you need the full trunk, it folds up nice and flat and can go right into the hidden area along with the other one so it is completely out of the way.

Heavy Duty Portable Compressor - More powerful than the Tesla version and useful to have in any vehicle.

3D MAXpider Custom Floor Mats for Tesla Model S - I love these things. They keep my floors clean, and are nice and easy to pull out and clean off. They catch any mud, dirt, etc. and look good too.

50 Foot 5-20 Amp Extension Cord - This is good for plugging into a NEMA 5-20 outlet, but you will need the appropriate Tesla adapter as well to use with your UMC.

Various EVSE Adapters - I have several adapter cords and a 14-50 extension cord from these guys. They come in handy if you need to plug into a dryer or stove outlet somewhere, or an RV park.

Seat Protector for Car Seats - This is to protect my seats. Works really well.

ProClip Phone Mount - These are the best around, made specifically for your device and your vehicle. Not cheap, but they don't make them any better.

Do you have any pictures/ details on your led wiring you have? I'm pending delivery and will be installing dash cams, but I'm interested in this to do both at the same time.
I posted a quick description with a picture in this post. In case you didn't know, if your car does not have PUP there are unused wires with connectors, one on each side of the trunk that would normally connect to the extra PUP lights (so they are ON only when trunk should be lit). You can power LED's directly from those connectors if you don't have PUP. If you do have PUP, you can make a pass through connector and connect the new LED's in parallel with the PUP lights on the rear of the trunk.

Last edited:
I want to get the Blackvue as well but not sure if I want to install myself.
Lots of threads here on TMC on Blackvue self install, including links to videos. The level of difficulty depends on how well you want to hide the wires and what you feel comfortable with in terms of working on a car. It took me 2-3 hours even doing the second Tesla because I'm a perfectionist and wanted to run the wires "just right", not in the side airbag channel or under the side trim/gasket, and from the roof to the tailgate to go through the rubber boot rather than just have the wire showing. First time around it took probably 4+ hours as I had to learn about the car and where to install things, how the trim is attached, etc. From what I've seen on the forums here, dashcam install price varies between $200 and $400 depending on where you take it.

Reactions: PluggedINLife
A phone holder above the driver's head on the right where I can look over my glasses to see a close screen.

My Garmin GPS (for a variety of reasons: (1) it does not stop working when I lose phone signal because it does not depend on phone connections; (2) It has my 400 or so waypoints, grouped by relatives, places to fly my drone, doctors, favorite restaurants, etc.; (3) It can find my sister's house, and then the nearest Marriott, and incorporate that in the trip, and then the nearest Starbucks on my route and a highway rest stop along the way; (4) it displays the traffic on various routes; (5) it can easily route me to the nearest hospital or police station or post office; (6) It will locate all the nearest Chinese restaurants or bookstores, etc.

A good park blanket in the "sub-basement" of the trunk area.

A bag of wet wipes in the glove compartment for the Ultra White Seats.