Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you miss about your previous car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bit of a twist, having only test driven an M3P, if I were to have one from tomorrow, I think I would miss my BMW M3 peace of mind trust that it just goes and no drama about ‘when Will I have a broken left camera?‘ or spoiler lift etc

I suspect that people who don't follow TMC forums probably manage to own their Model 3s without undue concern! We hear about all the stuff that anyone has ever experienced going wrong!

Reactions: Jez_GB
I suspect that people who don't follow TMC forums probably manage to own their Model 3s without undue concern! We hear about all the stuff that anyone has ever experienced going wrong!
Absolutely true - it would be really good if we could see the actual stats instead of the sometimes echo chamber effect of forums being the rant/complaint zone.

The car previous to the M3 is the one car I loved to bits right up to selling it for the M3 - Focus Mk3 RS, had it for 4 years and was like brand new - I have always been a detail freak.
The RS was the longest I've ever kept a car, usually around the three year mark I get itching for something else, I did the Porsche's to death and cant look at them now with any desire.

I probable have a weird mindset, When i move on with a car I never miss anything about the last one - I just accept what is and get on with it, I love technology so sort of get all enthused about the new car.
I do tend to join car forums for the model i have and remain on them for donkeys years after I've sold the car.
I'm a petrol head that's converted to BEV and from the Porsche forum many of them are yearning after a Tesla with three of us already owning one.

A bit of a twist, having only test driven an M3P, if I were to have one from tomorrow, I think I would miss my BMW M3 peace of mind trust that it just goes and no drama about ‘when Will I have a broken left camera?‘ or spoiler lift etc
My personal experience with owning an M3P for 18 months and 16k miles - the only issues I have had is moisture in a rear light, which was fixed under warrantee, and it goes in Monday to sort a noisy door seal. Apart from that, perfect, no other issues.

Tricky question. Not that much.
Previous car was a bit of a stopgap for a year - an Audi A7 BiTdi - we should have just got a Tesla then. Audi was great when it was up to speed but with it being my first non-van/jeep diesel the noise on startup and at slow speeds just ground me down. Horrible. I even fitted a kufatec sound booster to help the BiTdi exhaust speaker (yes really) sing a bit louder. The 'positives missed' list is the sunroof, the dash controls and the slightly solider construction. Handled well too, if a bit detached. Other than that, nothing at all.
Previous previous car was a CLS55. Now that I miss a lot. The noise, the looks, the noise, the colour scheme, the noise, the feeling of pressing the pedal connected to 475bhp of thumping supercharged V8 powering a pair of tyres - brilliant. Fuel costs, fragility, age - not so positive.
Model S is slightly (only slightly) poorer build than the Audi and probably on a par or better built than the old Merc - give the MS a sunroof (I couldn't pass up the non-s/r car I got) and some heater knobs and it'd win hands down - as a barge it's capabilities more than make up for a lack of soul.