Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you use the web browser for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting because you would think since it's crowd sourced that Waze would have more users and therefore more accurate data.

I think I wasn't clear on my point. The Radar Alert Web service grabs data from sources including the Waze database to alert of oncoming speedtraps. There is no ability to input police data from the Radar Alert (unlike Waze). It is a read-only app but optimized to warn drivers with plenty of warning including estimated time to arrival of said trap(s). The Radar Alert is at least as accurate if not more than Waze (because of its multi-source inputs).

I think I wasn't clear on my point. The Radar Alert Web service grabs data from sources including the Waze database to alert of oncoming speedtraps. There is no ability to input police data from the Radar Alert (unlike Waze). It is a read-only app but optimized to warn drivers with plenty of warning including estimated time to arrival of said trap(s). The Radar Alert is at least as accurate if not more than Waze (because of its multi-source inputs).
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the information. How much does it cost and is there a trial?

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the information. How much does it cost and is there a trial?

There is a free 30 day trial. After that it is about $4/mon (US) or $6.xx CDN/mon. I thought it was a little pricey but one ticket should pay for itself. It isn't foolproof but it sure has helped me out in more occasions than I care to admit.

You can cancel at any time. I will also try the Tesla Incidents Web site (which is free) and compare.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiddler
There is a free 30 day trial. After that it is about $4/mon (US) or $6.xx CDN/mon. I thought it was a little pricey but one ticket should pay for itself. It isn't foolproof but it sure has helped me out in more occasions than I care to admit.

You can cancel at any time. I will also try the Tesla Incidents Web site (which is free) and compare.
Great, yes the Tesla Waze Incident/Radar/Wind app by @ericwol is the one I use. Please let us know your opinion on how they compare.

I was at the mall earlier today. Got into a Tesla on the showroom floor to check out the browser. Seemed like it worked pretty well to me. Much better than the browsers on my iPad 1 and 2s, but that's not saying much. I didn't log into my TMC account, but I would think it would be good for reading this forum on. I would think preferable to using a smart phone. What say you?

I was at the mall earlier today. Got into a Tesla on the showroom floor to check out the browser. Seemed like it worked pretty well to me. Much better than the browsers on my iPad 1 and 2s, but that's not saying much. I didn't log into my TMC account, but I would think it would be good for reading this forum on. I would think preferable to using a smart phone. What say you?

Did you try opening multiple tabs? Saving bookmarks? Ok, you can save bookmarks. How about sorting or editing bookmarks? Bookmark folders? ha! Did you need to log in anywhere? Did it remember your login after you got out of the car? (the browser is notoriously bad at saving cookies). Did you try any time-based websites? It's stuck on Pacific Time (gee, I wonder why?). It also scores horribly on the HTML5 compliance tests. Several standard Javascript functions are just plain broken ("scrollto" doesn't refresh the page after the scroll). I mean, stuff that should have worked 15 years ago.

Yeah, it basically "works", but that's about all I'd say it does.

Oh, and I have an original iPad Mini with Chrome (latest version) which actually works as a real browser. So does Safari. Any iPad with those browsers are light years ahead of QTCarBrowser.

I use it to pull up restaurant menus while waiting for friends(I'm usually early). I have also used it to shop and order from Amazon (as a passenger) while on a road trip, to order a gift for the friends we stayed a few nights with, or just reorder items.
Other than that, I usually just pull up the Google page at car shows.

I used it to email my wife from the Comcast browser when my phones were dead and I was stuck in a snowstorm.

image.jpeg
I us

• Funny
Reactions: Btrflyl8e and Max*