Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does it feel like to never go to a gas station again...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have something like this that I bought at Home Depot for something like $25:

Bon-Aire i8000 Goodyear 120-Volt Direct Drive Tire Inflator : Amazon.com : Automotive
I have one that looks just like this, from Sam's. I did break down and buy the one from Tesla, though. Theirs has the added feature of Fix a Flat-like stuff incorporated.

- - - Updated - - -

Second the at home. Unless the gas station is very close to your house, you're not inflating at cold pressures and so are getting an inaccurate inflation.
Exactly this.

Putting the saved money aside... What does it feel like to just never have to go to a gas station. To cut that entire part of your weekly/daily schedule loose? Where do you buy your slim jims and big gulps? Joking aside I am dead serious. Money aside, the convenience of never having to worry about gassing up is a strong motivator for getting this car...

Haven't been since February, to be honest, I don't even remember what its like going, i don't even find myself looking at them when I pass or seeing how much gas costs...

Second the at home. Unless the gas station is very close to your house, you're not inflating at cold pressures and so are getting an inaccurate inflation.
I usually measure the tire pressure at hom, then go to the gas station, recheck the pressure and fill it, accounting for the difference.

In reality, here in Colorado, precise tire pressure really doesn't matter as it's 70 degrees one day and 30 degrees the next this time of year. And if I drive an hour into the mountains to ski, it's another 20-30 degree difference.

Putting the saved money aside... What does it feel like to just never have to go to a gas station. To cut that entire part of your weekly/daily schedule loose? Where do you buy your slim jims and big gulps? Joking aside I am dead serious. Money aside, the convenience of never having to worry about gassing up is a strong motivator for getting this car...

The past 7 years I have put gas in my Prius every 3 to 6 weeks whether it needed it or not. On average buying less than 7 gallons. Less than $25. And no car or house payment. Monthly payments on the S will be a shock.

I almost always pay at the pump. Stuff inside convenience stores is too expensive except for an occasional cup of coffee.