Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to the "deals" on tesla's used inventory?

When do you think we will see another fire sale like we saw 9/25/17

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, when I first started looking at buying a used tesla I was addicted to checking EV-CPO non-stop to find a gem of a deal direct from tesla with their warranty. I jumped on a few opportunities of cars under 40k but kept getting the "something went wrong" note signifying someone beat me to reserving it. I kept thinking oh well I'll get the next one and got the ev-cpo subscription to help me along the way but all of the sudden Tesla is selling their used inventory significantly more than they use to. What happened? You'd think with more 3's being released and standard car depreciation their 2013/2014 MS stock would drop significantly but instead now they're trying to charge 55k for a 2013 60kWh model? What gives?!

I'm trying to be patient but it's crazy that september 2017 had a fire sale with all sorts of cars going for 25k-45k and now they're higher than they were in December.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
When 3 hits full production ramp ($35k car delivered) and S receives 400+ mile
Range and interior refresh.

For now, there’s strong brand demand above supply. Demand will pivot as the product mix evolves and supply expands, bringing pre AP price floor back down.

When 3 hits full production ramp ($35k car delivered) and S receives 400+ mile
Range and interior refresh.

For now, there’s strong brand demand above supply. Demand will pivot as the product mix evolves and supply expands, bringing pre AP price floor back down.

Not withstanding how strong brand demand is, I don't see how/why anyone would pay almost as much for a 3 year old S60 as for a pretty much brand new 75D.

I see no logical justification for some of the current CPO prices other than the fact that now is a terrible time to buy a CPO car. There is hardly any selection and most of what is available is ludicrously overpriced.

Not withstanding how strong brand demand is, I don't see how/why anyone would pay almost as much for a 3 year old S60 as for a pretty much brand new 75D.

I see no logical justification for some of the current CPO prices other than the fact that now is a terrible time to buy a CPO car. There is hardly any selection and most of what is available is ludicrously overpriced.
Unlike most people on this forum, there are people out there who obsess about exact details like voltage, number of cells, acceleratio, etc. and see a 60 simply as slightly less range than 75. They do however see options, like HFS, leather, pano, 21" wheels, etc. So, when faced with a decision to buy a stripped down 75D, wait till June to get it, wait will next year for a refund, vs. buying a fully loaded 60 today, some may go for it even if the 60 is nearing the 75 price. While a lot of people may balk at the price, all Tesla needs is one person who will buy it.

Maybe they want to skew you toward buying a new car rather than a CPO vehicle. They need to make their numbers to satisfy the investor community and once they are comfortable that they will hit their guidance they can quickly unload the CPOs by cutting the price.