TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What happens to mytesla.com after delivery?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by omegaroyal, Sep 22, 2015.

1. omegaroyal

omegaroyal Member

I am within a few weeks of delivery of my Tesla Model S (AT LONG LAST!) in Australia and was wondering what happens to the my.teslamotors.com web portal after delivery?

2. TesAus

TesAus Member

You get to admire a computer generated image of the car you have in your garage!

It doesn't really serve too much purpose I don't think. You can go there and download manual and that sort of thing and change settings for whether Tesla can send you emails etc.

3. raynewman

raynewman Member

also access the forums, blogs etc...

4. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

It is still there for access to documents, referral program, and services sign up!

5. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

And, of course, the "progress" area DISAPPEARS!!! You have your car!

6. Trav

Trav Member

On the day of delivery the mytestla page displays a red button that you need to hit in order or activate your phone app.

The next day, all of the delivery information disappears and then it just shows a picture of your car, with your VIN.

7. cynix

cynix Member

I didn't have to hit any red button, the app just started working a few hours after delivery.

8. Trav

Trav Member

It must be new (or only specific to WA deliveries) as I only collected my car yesterday. Below is from the email that I received from my DS.

DELIVERY PREPARATION
    Please log into your MyTesla Portal tomorrow to hit the red ‘Accept Delivery’ button.
    (This activates your Tesla Mobile App and Rdio Music Subscription access within the next 24-48hrs)

9. Kayto

Kayto Member

Also, you can see if someone ordered a Tesla using your referral code. It's worth having a look!
    The website is also where you can read general software release notes, and news bulletins from Tesla. For instance there's a new one 2 days ago about

Tesla All Wheel Drive (Dual Motor) Power and Torque Specifications

10. paulp

paulp Member

Also for SA deliveries. I think tesla use it as a form of 'signing' for the car as delivery is by a 3rd party.